Christmas Play

Kids Activities, Art and Crafts, Cooking Ideas, Kids Songs and Games related discussions.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
JNP
Contributor
Contributor

Christmas Play

Post by JNP » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:53 am

Hi everyone,
Christmas is fast approaching and I was just wondering what other Educators are doing for the families. We usually do a Aust play like Tiddalick or Wombat stew and then sing Christmas songs. I would like to do something different this year and am looking for ideas.
Thanks everyone.
Jules.

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Re: Anyone doing a Christmas play?

Post by fchaudari76 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:49 am

My Kindy room made a movie ...the children were showing interest in real vs what you see on tv so thought making a movie would make this concept clear to them + would be fun
Did it based on the Muppet Xmas movie and we have a trailer and everything.
This will be shown to the parents on the Xmas party day

Also means no issues with children remembering / forgetting lines or running off to sit with their parents not wanting to participate

JNP
Contributor
Contributor

Post by JNP » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:58 am

I love the idea of doing a movie.
Thanks for taking the time to respond.
Jules.

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Post by fchaudari76 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:02 pm

No probs my pleasure
Just to add the children loved it as it involved them dressing up and singing and dancing and just having fun & it means they can sit with their families and enjoy watching it + we will burn it to DVDs for parents pressies and for fundraising we will sell extra copies for $5 each if parents want them for grandparents etc

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:04 pm

I usually do an end of year performance. The toddlers and preschoolers are taught a small dance routines and we dress them up in costumes for the show. We also teach the children dances from different cultures to do during the end of year performance. We have parents and staff volunteer to teach the children different cultural dances. Then at the end, all the children get together for the singing of Christmas carols.

It's a really nice way to end the year, getting together for a bit of fun and parents love watching their little one performing!

@FeFe: Love, love, love your idea of the movie! Going to have to try that! ;)

:geek:,
L.A

JNP
Contributor
Contributor

Post by JNP » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:58 pm

I love the idea of teaching children dances from different cultures. Do you make the costumes with the children or do you have them already?

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:53 am

JNP wrote:I love the idea of teaching children dances from different cultures. Do you make the costumes with the children or do you have them already?
We usually make them with the children. It gives the children a better understanding of what they are making and why they are making it. A sense of pride and accomplishment knowing that they will be wearing what they create. We also have a look at books, watch YouTube, listen to cultural music etc. of the different cultures we will be dancing, to extend upon children's learning.

:geek:,
L.A

JNP
Contributor
Contributor

Post by JNP » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:26 am

That sounds wonderful Lorina. You are a great educator.

Jules.

catchmeifucan
Coach
Coach

Post by catchmeifucan » Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:17 pm

Each room does a slideshow presentation on all the special events and interesting experiences that happened throughout the year. Like an overall re-cap. Photos and video clips are all added to the slide show. Children get really excited when they see themselves on the "big screen" or when they see themselves with their friends. Parents are given copies of the presentation onto c.d as a xmas gift. This is presented at the xmas party along.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:14 am

catchmeifucan wrote:Each room does a slideshow presentation on all the special events and interesting experiences that happened throughout the year. Like an overall re-cap. Photos and video clips are all added to the slide show. Children get really excited when they see themselves on the "big screen" or when they see themselves with their friends. Parents are given copies of the presentation onto c.d as a xmas gift. This is presented at the xmas party along.
Great idea and a great gift to give to parents at christmas time! :thumbup: