Scenario CHCECE026

You may use this forum for all general discussions on topics that are not covered in the above forums..
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
colleen2501

Scenario CHCECE026

Post by colleen2501 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:35 pm

Please Help having a Little Trouble understanding what to put for the questions I'm new at this.....

Read through the scenario below and answer the related questions.
You are the trained Educator in the 2-3 year old room. Sonya has recently enrolled her two and half year old son, Callum. After a week in care, Callum has begun biting another child in the room.You have approached Sonya about this and she states that he, “Does not bite at home and it must be something you are doing at the centre.”
You observe Callum over the next week and identify that Callum appears to be experiencing some stress with the change from home to Centre care. Meanwhile, Jenna, the mother of the child Callum has been biting, is very annoyed that this is happening and has threatened to leave the service if it does not stop.
You have set up a meeting with Sonya to discuss Callum’s behaviour. During the meeting Sonya states that if he keeps biting you have her permission to bite him back.You also have to talk to Jenna about her child’s injury and about the management of the situation

a. In 1 paragraph (250 words), describe how you would organise the meetings and the physical setting you would provide for the meetings to take place.

b. Identify the main aim of each meeting

c. Write out, in detail, the conversation between you and each parent. Ensure you consider confidentiality and positive professional courteous communication.

For Example
Me: Hi Sonya, thanks for coming in today
Sonya: That’s Ok, I will just be happy when this is sorted out

For Example:
Me: Hi Jenna, Can I see you for a moment?
Jenna: Sure, but I have to run.

D. Write an evaluation identifying how you implemented the following:

i. Demonstrated skills in putting the parent at ease:

ii. Used open questions to promote discussions and shared decision making:

ii. Displayed a non-judgmental attitude at all times:

iv. Used effective listening techniques:

v. Used appropriate, non-verbal communication to indicate interest and concerns:

vi. Summarised the discussion and outcome for the parent in each meeting, including how you will follow up on the situation in the future: