Diploma by correspondence

General discussions on Diploma or Advanced Diploma of Children's Services.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Diploma or Advanced Diploma in Children Services. Please refer to Diploma Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
Lillypad88
Helper
Helper

Diploma by correspondence

Post by Lillypad88 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:47 pm

Hello
could anyone suggest/recommend a good (with plenty of support) online/correspondence organisation to use to attain my Diploma? I have completed my cert 3 online but would now like to complete my Diploma also.
Thank you in advance
Lillian :giggle:

Savita

Re: Diploma by correspondence

Post by Savita » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:17 pm

Hi Lillian
Could you please share from where you have completed your certificate III course and within how many months you completed it
I am asking this because I also want to do this.
Regards
Savita

Tabitha

Re: Diploma by correspondence

Post by Tabitha » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:53 am

Hi Savita,

I thought I could help you with your cert 3 question. I have completed my cert 3 by correspondence last year. I did it through Diversity Skills Training. I was given a twelve month time frame to complete cert 3 in and I finished in five months.

Hi Lillian,

As I have my cert 3, I decided to do my diploma as I thought it would give me a bit of a better chance to break into the childcare industry. Diversity Skills Training were good, but there was a little miscommunication at the end but that was sorted. Inspire Education, whom I am currently studying with are okay. Personally, I have found it hard at times as it can be a bit difficult to get in touch with the trainers by phone, there was a time where neither person could answer, what I mean is the trainer would ring me but I was driving and couldn't pull over in time or I would ring them and have to leave a message which they got a different trainer to call back. I found emailing them has resulted in answers, either by email or they ring me and its been after 5 my time, it may have been in hours for them as they are Queensland based and I am in Tasmania. I think for plenty of support, you may need some others doing their diploma, preferably with the same RTO or on here. Or if its possible to go to Tafe as you can have that face to face contact, you might be able to do it part time, not sure, it really depends on your personal situation of what you do.

Hope that I helped a little

Tabitha