WHS Training strategies

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: We no longer provide support in Student Assignment Forums. However, we are leaving this forum open so students can use this feature to assist each other. When asking questions, consider participating in other Forum Topics. There are more chances that someone will reply to your topic if you help them in theirs. Our Assignment Forum is the biggest study group that you can be a part of so work together. All unanswered topics will be deleted after 10 days.
courtz.cole

WHS Training strategies

Post by courtz.cole » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:40 pm

Hi all,
I'm a bit stuck on the following:

Assisting staff to follow WHS policies and procedures can be facilitated through in-house training. List three training strategies the PCBU could provide and give an example for each strategy.

So I was thinking:
Manual Handling- during a team meeting demonstrate a two person lift and have staff sign off on meeting minutes.
Nappy Change- make a game out of the changing a doll's nappy using PPE and correct procedure
Working at a height- How to correctly use a step ladder to do displays, use high powerpoints etc.

It sources page 100 of 'The business of Childcare' but I couldn't find any relevant information in the 10 pages either side... Admittedly I have been staring blankly at the same question for one hour- PLEASE HELP!!!!

DaisyC

Re: WHS Training strategies

Post by DaisyC » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:45 pm

Modelling and demonstrating - Using personal protective equipment (PPE)

Monitoring and provide feedback - management by walking around’, observing and providing ‘on-the-spot’ feedback, reinforce appropriate behaviours and noting areas where improvement is required.

Working alongside - It is very effective for teaching new skills such as how to manage and emergency lockdown.

DaisyC

Re: WHS Training strategies

Post by DaisyC » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:45 pm

Modelling and demonstrating - Using personal protective equipment (PPE)

Monitoring and provide feedback - management by walking around’, observing and providing ‘on-the-spot’ feedback, reinforce appropriate behaviours and noting areas where improvement is required.

Working alongside - It is very effective for teaching new skills such as how to manage and emergency lockdown.