Strategic alliances

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Puddlefish
Participator
Participator

Strategic alliances

Post by Puddlefish » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:47 pm

Hi
The question is

Q. What steps would you take to negotiate and maintain strategic alliances with
A. A local preschool
B. The local community Centre

So far I've got,

I would make contact with the director of the preschool and community centre via email or telephone, inform them of my position at the childcare centre and ask to arrange a meeting to discuss ways we could work together to develop a mutually beneficial program. This may be through visits to the local preschool, as well as have preschool children visit the daycare, to participate in group activities such as craft, story time, dance.

A program with the local community centre which involves the children spending time at the community gardens learning how to grow vegetables, having story time there, or doing a performance for the public.

Once an alliance has been developed and a mutually beneficial program put in place it's important to maintain positive regular contact to make sure the program is working for all stakeholders.

I don't know if it's enough..
What other ways apart from just "maintain regular contact" can you negotiate and maintain alliances.

It needs more I think?

Thanks šŸ˜Š

Lorina

Re: Strategic alliances

Post by Lorina » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:45 pm

You're on the right track!

To maintain regular contact you could follow/like them on social media pages to get regular updates, subscribe to their newsletter etc.

:geek:,
Lorina