Professional development manual questions

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
christmascrazy
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Professional development manual questions

Post by christmascrazy » Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:21 pm

Hello, thank you for your time. I am currently studying my Diploma online and I was lucky enough to find work in my small country town, I am trying to finish my Professional development manual and i am so stuck on a few questions i was hoping you could please help me with as i am struggling to work out examples. I have a few questions.
1 - Develop Positive and respectful relationships with children. Submit three pieces of evidence to demonstrate you have communicated positively and respectfully, with three different children including -
- active listening
- consideration of a child's age activities interest, culture and needs
- interpreting non - verbal cues of children
- responding to distress in ways that meets the child's need
- communication of care and respect through all interactions
suggested evidence -
- mentor/supervisor reviews
- lesson plans

how do you answer this in a lesson plan ? i haven't been able to locate a lesson plan format where i work and i am not sure how to answer this ?

2 - Use an approved learning framework to guide practice. Submit 5 pieces of evidence to demonstrate how each principle of learning framework is reflected in the service
- secure, respectful and reciprocal relationships
- partnerships
- high expectation and equity
- respect for diversity
- ongoing learning and reflective practice

i am struggling on examples and how to present the answer ?

3 - Submit 3 pieces of evidence demonstrating your involvement of pedagogical practices
- learning through play
- responsiveness to children
- learning environments

how should i present this. ?

4 - Use information about children to inform practice
Submit 3 pieces of evidence to demonstrate you have observed 3 children of varying ages, gathering and recording information can included
- observations
- learning stories
- discussions with families
- questioning
- samples of children's work

submit evidence to demonstrate you have analysed your 3 observations for
- aspects of child's development
- social interactions
- reactions to play environment

I have no idea where to start :(

thank you so much for any help you can offer.
regards Kirsty
- knowledge, ideas, abilities and interests

Lorina

Re: Professional development manual questions

Post by Lorina » Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:55 am

1) Instead of a lesson plan, you can use observations, learning stories.

2) Secure, respectful and reciprocal relationships – having an understanding and being aware of children’s thoughts and feelings. Positively interacting with each individual child in their learning and support the development of a child’s sense of wellbeing.

Partnerships – working in partnerships with families within the early childhood setting. Creating a warm and welcoming environment for all children and their families. Collaborating with childcare professionals, parents, people within the community to ensure learning experiences are meaningful for the children.

High Expectations and equity – believing that all children are able to succeed, regardless of cultural diversity and abilities. Having high expectations for all children in their achievement in learning. Ensure that all children have opportunities to achieve learning outcomes.

Respect for diversity – respecting, valuing and reflecting the values and beliefs of families. Show consideration and respect of cultures, languages, histories, traditions, family lifestyle practices of all families. Promote a greater understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders.

Ongoing learning and reflective practices – continually improve professional knowledge and learning practices. Value the local knowledge of families and the community. Engage in ongoing learning of philosophy, ethics and practice. Gather information that supports children’s developmental learning.

For all your questions your evidence could include - work samples, photos of the environment, observations, learning stories etc. Present these in an A4 folder.

:geek:,
Lorina

Lorina

Re: Professional development manual questions

Post by Lorina » Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:56 am

1) Instead of a lesson plan, you can use observations, learning stories.

2) Secure, respectful and reciprocal relationships – having an understanding and being aware of children’s thoughts and feelings. Positively interacting with each individual child in their learning and support the development of a child’s sense of wellbeing.

Partnerships – working in partnerships with families within the early childhood setting. Creating a warm and welcoming environment for all children and their families. Collaborating with childcare professionals, parents, people within the community to ensure learning experiences are meaningful for the children.

High Expectations and equity – believing that all children are able to succeed, regardless of cultural diversity and abilities. Having high expectations for all children in their achievement in learning. Ensure that all children have opportunities to achieve learning outcomes.

Respect for diversity – respecting, valuing and reflecting the values and beliefs of families. Show consideration and respect of cultures, languages, histories, traditions, family lifestyle practices of all families. Promote a greater understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders.

Ongoing learning and reflective practices – continually improve professional knowledge and learning practices. Value the local knowledge of families and the community. Engage in ongoing learning of philosophy, ethics and practice. Gather information that supports children’s developmental learning.

For all your questions your evidence could include - work samples, photos of the environment, observations, learning stories etc. Present these in an A4 folder.

:geek:,
Lorina