Need YOU HELP About the EYLF

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
michelle12

Need YOU HELP About the EYLF

Post by michelle12 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:23 pm

The Early Years Learning Framework's information booklet for families explains that through five learning outcomes educators will assist children to develop:
* A strongsense of their idenity
*connection with their world
*A strong sense of wellbeing
*Confidence and involvement in their learning
*Effective communication skills
i need to make a newsletter for families,that outlines how i will assist their children to develop each one of these learning outcomes and explain to families how they can assist and work in partnership with you to achieve these learning outcomes for their child.

Lorina

Re: Need YOU HELP About the EYLF

Post by Lorina » Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:30 pm

Good Arvo Michelle,

Here are some ideas you can write about when you make your newsletter…

Learning Outcome 1 – Children have a strong sense of identity.

Educators Promote this by:
• Spend time interacting and conversing with each child.
• Provide opportunities for children to engage independently with tasks and play.
• Provide children with strategies to make informed choices about their behavior.
• Talk with children in respectful ways about similarities and differences in people.

Families Promote this by:
• Recognize that feelings of distress, fear and discomfort may take some time to resolve.
• Respond sensitively to child’s attempts to initiate interactions and conversations.
• Motivate & encourage child to succeed when they are faced with challenges.
• Provide child with strategies to make informed choices about their behavior.

Learning Outcome 2 – Children are connected with and contribute to their world.

• Plan opportunities for children to participate in meaningful discussions and shared decision making about
rules and expectations.
• Explore the culture, heritage, backgrounds, and traditions of each child within the community.
• Draw children’s attention to issues of fairness relevant to them in the early childhood setting and
community.
• Provide children with access to a range of natural materials in their environments.

• Model language that child can use to express ideas, negotiate roles and collaborate to achieve goals.
• Model, respect, care and appreciation for the natural environment.
• Find ways of enabling child to care and learn for the land.
• Encourage child to listen to others and to respect diverse perspectives.

Learning Outcome 3 – Children have a strong sense of well being.

• Challenge and support children to engage in and preserve at tasks and play.
• Build upon and extend children’s ideas.
• Provide a range of active and restful experiences throughout the day and support children to make
appropriate decisions regarding participation.
• Provide a wide variety of tools and resources that supports children’s fine and gross motor skills.

• Value child’s decision making.
• Talk with child about their emotions and responses to events.
• Model and reinforce health, nutrition and personal hygiene practices with children.
• Actively support child to learn hygiene practices.

Learning Outcome 4 – Children are confident and involved learners.

• Provide learning environments that are flexible and open ended.
• Provide opportunities for involvement in experiences that support the investigation of ideas, complex
concepts and thinking and reasoning and hypothesizing.
• Plan for time and space where children can reflect on their own learning and to see similarities and
connections between existing and new learning.
• Provide sensory and exploratory experiences with natural and processed materials.

• Encourage child to use language to describe and explain their ideas.
• Develop their own confidence with technologies available to child at home.
• Encourage child to discuss their ideas and understandings.
• Join in child’s play and model reasoning, predicting and reflecting processes and language.

Learning Outcome 5 – Children are effective communicators.

• Sing and chant rhymes, jingles and songs.
• Provide resources that enable children to express meaning using visual arts, drama, dance and music.
• Provide children with access to a wide variety of everyday materials that they can use to create patterns
and to sort categorize and compare.
• Integrate technologies into children’s play experiences and projects.

Families promote this by:
• Engage in sustained communication with child about ideas and experiences and extend their vocabulary.
• Read and share a range of books.
• Ask and answer questions during the reading or discussions of books and other texts.
• Provide child with access to a range of technologies.

If you would like more examples, check out the EYLF Educators Guide. I got the above information from there. Just have a read though the evidence under each of the learning outcomes and pick out which best fits for educators to assist children’s learning and which evidence best fits for families to assist their child at home. The EYLF Educators Guide can be found on this site, under “Resources”, in “Childcare Professionals”, in an article called “Early Years Learning Framework”. Click here to view the EYLF Educators Guide.

I hope I have provided you with enough information to help you with your newsletter and please let me know if you require more info.

Have A Great Weekend…

Cheers :geek:
L.A

michelle12

Post by michelle12 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:05 pm

Thanks L.A it is really helpful for me to make a outline the newsletter .

marj

Observations

Post by marj » Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:06 pm

Hi i'm studing my diploma and the module i'm currently working on has asked me to do 2 observations for each term to show children exploring their environmrent and enhancing their knowledge: Could someone please explain these terms to me and what learning experiences would match the terms.
the terms are: Identifing, Classifying, Comparing, Generalising, Contrasting, hypothesising.

Thanks heaps
Marj

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:27 am

Hi Marj,

I have got back to you in the topic you had posted regarding your assignment...Here is the link to your topic "Observations":

http://www.aussiechildcarenetwork.com/v ... f=31&t=117

Cheers :geek: ,
L.A

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sat May 14, 2011 2:56 pm

Hey Everyone,

Just to let you know that I recently went to an EYLF workshop and I found out some more information about the EYLF Programming which you may find useful.

I've updated my forum topic "EYLF Programming AND Planning Documentation". So click here to view this topic.

If you have any further questions or comments in regards to the EYLF can I please suggest you post them in the above forum.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Cheers :geek:,
L.A