Narrative On Math Concepts

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
cris87au

Narrative On Math Concepts

Post by cris87au » Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:22 pm

Hi everyone! I hope you've all had a relaxing weekend.

I'm currently doing my Cognitive Unit & as part of an assessment (on Maths Concepts: Matching), I've had to plan & impliment 2 experiences & write a narrative reflecting the childs/childrens learning. Prblem is, I don't know how word it. I've done narratives before but they were for experiences in home corner & outdoors & required little interaction from me so it was easy to write up a narrative about it. My cognitive experiences are matching coloured pencils into specific coloured containers & matching items into boxes that displayed a photo of the specific items.

Sorry if that doesn't make much sense, I'm stumped as to how to word it. I've googled it but I haven't had any luck & my teacher is overseas for 2 weeks. I don't want to start another unit before I finish this so any advice will be greatly appreciated.
Last edited by Lorina on Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: Narrative On Math Concepts

Post by Lorina » Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:38 pm

Hi Cris87u,

I know it may seem daunting trying to come up with a narrative for your experience but once you have your head around things it will be alot easier to do! You mentioned that you've already done narratives before... so at least that's a start... Using the activity that you set up basically you have to write what happened during the experience, interactions with the children, conversations etc... Even if the children found it difficult to do or had trouble understanding it, write it in your narrative. Basically you write exactly what happened from when you started this experience... does this make sense?

Cheers :geek:,
L.A

cris87au

Re: Narrative On Math Concepts

Post by cris87au » Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:03 pm

It makes a lot more sense now although when I'm done writing it, I'll post some of it on here to make sure I'm on the right track.

Thanks for your reply L.A :-)