Inform Learning and Foster Holistic Development Cluster

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Post Reply
Rachel_c99
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:49 pm

Inform Learning and Foster Holistic Development Cluster

Post by Rachel_c99 » Thu Oct 27, 2022 4:09 pm

I've been struggling with this, I have to create a social experience that will investigate an ethical issue in the local community.
I'm struggling on what would be an ethical issue in the community, I was thinking maybe littering, how not putting rubbish in the bin affects and harms our wildlife? I'm not sure!

TIA :)


Rachel_c99
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:49 pm

Re: Inform Learning and Foster Holistic Development Cluster

Post by Rachel_c99 » Mon Oct 31, 2022 11:01 pm

I've been struggling with this, I have to create a social experience that will investigate an ethical issue in the local community.
I'm struggling on what would be an ethical issue in the community, I was thinking maybe littering, how not putting rubbish in the bin affects and harms our wildlife? I'm not sure!

TIA :)

User avatar
Lorina
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 14527
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:36 am

Re: Inform Learning and Foster Holistic Development Cluster

Post by Lorina » Sat Sep 19, 2026 12:25 am

If you’re stuck on picking an ethical issue, littering is actually a really good one because it’s easy for kids to see how it affects their world. You could make a social experience by having the group do a little clean‑up around the playground, then chat about what happens if rubbish gets left behind... like animals getting hurt or the space looking messy. To make it more engaging, you could set up a visual display showing “clean vs messy” areas, or even add a story basket with books and puppets about caring for the environment. It’s simple, hands‑on, and gets across the idea of community responsibility in a way kids can really connect with.

:geek:,
Lorina

Post Reply