Dramatic Play Experiences For Children Across All Ages

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
rikkay85

Dramatic Play Experiences For Children Across All Ages

Post by rikkay85 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:31 pm

Hi,

I need a dramatic play experience for each age group 0-2 2-3 3-5. Im really stuck with 0-2 age
Last edited by Lorina on Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: Dramatic Play Experiences For Children Across All Ages

Post by Lorina » Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:09 am

Hi Rikkay,

Here are some of my dramatic play ideas that I've used...

- Dolls With Doll Dress Ups & Toy Rattles, Baby Beds

- KItchen Setup Using A Toy Stove, Oven, Fridge. Add A Table With Pretend Food, Plates, Kitchen Utensils etc.

- Camping. Add a Tent With Children's Camping Chairs. Create own Pretend Camp Fire With Sticks etc.

- Dress Ups. Add a Standing Mirror and Baskets of Clothes. I separated the clothes into different baskets. For e.g. shoes, shirts, dresses, skirts etc... I also Placed Red Carpet in the middle with chairs on either side for a fashion show. (This is best done with preschoolers).

- Vet. Add Stuffed Animals With Doctors Equipment. Put Animals in Cardboard Boxes/Baskets. Add Doctor Dress Ups.

- Doctors. Set Up A Table With Pretend Doctors Equipment and Chairs. Provide Notebooks, Posters, etc... i Also Included One Of The Children's Beds, Which They Can Lay On.

- Office. Add Computer Monitor (if Possible), Key Boards, And Lots of Office Supplies (staplers, paper shredder, pencils, notebooks, clipboards, telephones etc).

- Zoo. Using Blocks, Make Little Area For Stuffed Animals. Add signs to the areas which includes names of each of the animals within the areas and a photo. Setup a table and chair for zoo tickets. Make zoo tickets.

The dramatic play experiences above can be used for each of the age groups you had mentioned. All you may need to do is change some of the equipment to ensure it suits the relevant age groups.

Hopefully this should get you started,

:geek:,
L.A

rikkay85

Re: Dramatic Play

Post by rikkay85 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:21 am

thank you so much i really appreciate your help