CHCPRT001 - Identify and respond to children and young people at risk

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
CED

CHCPRT001 - Identify and respond to children and young people at risk

Post by CED » Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:26 pm

Hi everyone, Just needing some help with this last question for the written assignment. The scenario is disclosure by a child of sexual abuse by a staff member in OSHC and the question is:
As an educator reporting this incident, you would initially report this incident to your OSHC Coordinator (in which they would report to the regulatory authority).
In the circumstances you cannot get in contact with your OSHC Coordinator (as it is after hours), who should you contact and within what time-frame?

I then need to provide the following info (shown exactly as in the assignment):
Who do you contact? (Agency name)
Contact details (phone):
Time-frame to contact:

I've looked both in the provided RTO learner guide and additional documents, as well as googling and can not find anything except to report to the regulatory authority in the relevant state. Is this how I should answer the question or am I missing someone?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Lorina

Re: CHCPRT001 - Identify and respond to children and young people at risk

Post by Lorina » Sun Apr 17, 2022 9:48 pm

The following information will provide you with the details of which agency (depending on your state/territory) to contact in regard to the above scenario:

Reporting Child Abuse and Neglect

hope this helps!

:geek:,
Lorina