CHCPOL002 Develop and implement policy - Draft Policies

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
kyles2412
Participator
Participator

CHCPOL002 Develop and implement policy - Draft Policies

Post by kyles2412 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:47 am

Hi I am really struggling with a particular question and am wondering if you can help me or guide me in the right direction that would be greatly appreciated.

Question:
Identify features of policy formats appropriate to your organisation?

I have spoken to the centre where I am doing my prac and currently work and the only thing they told me regarding this was that when policies are written the Director will write these as per the regulations and (EYLF / NQS) these are done through previous skills and knowledge there is no templates or particular way they go about writing these other than following regulations so I am quiet lost as to how I can go about answering this question.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Kylie

Miss Sam

Re: CHCPOL002 Develop and implement policy - Draft Policies

Post by Miss Sam » Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:56 am

Hi Kylie,
They are right.
They do not tell you how to write policies and procedures. There are no formats set out by the Department of early Education.
You need to understand to regulations and the law. You need to research current legislation and safety requirements, eg- sunsmart- anaphlaxis- WH and S.
Once you have done this, you write a policy.

The policy is something in writing that explains what your centre will do to meet a legislation.
A procedure is how you will meet your own policy.

If you want families to do something specific while they are at your service, it needs to be written in your policy, for example- paying fees on time...

As for different organisations, the way policies are written is individual. Some large companies get lawyers involved to ensure that the policies are clear. Small companies write policies and after trial and error continue to change them over time.
All policies and procedures need to be presented to families, whether it be to ask for feedback and input (usually in relation to programming and keeping children safe from harm), or to ensure that families are given copies and adequate notice when changes are made.

I hope this all makes sense. Good luck with your assignments.