CHCIC512A - Implications For Inclusion For A Child With Autism

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
hailes17

CHCIC512A - Implications For Inclusion For A Child With Autism

Post by hailes17 » Sun May 29, 2011 7:24 pm

Hi again fellow childcare people,
Thanks so much for the help last time and I will include my answers when the teacher has marked my assignment to help out anyone that may need them.
Well this time I have hit a snag and need a little help regarding an answer about autism as I am yet to have any experience with the illness i could do with a little insight. I need to find out what are the implications for inclusion within an early childhood setting(child ASD)?
Any help also with- Resources/support that would be necessary to support the delivery of a program for a child with this disability ?
would be greatly appreciated
Thank you
Hailes
Last edited by Lorina on Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: CHCIC512A - Implications For Inclusion For A Child With Autism

Post by Lorina » Tue May 31, 2011 7:24 pm

Hi Hailes,

Like you, I also haven't had any experience working with a child who has autism. However I did go through some of my Resources and I do have a website which I recommend you check out.

The site is called Autism Help. They have included a whole range of information on how to manage a child with autism in an early childhood setting, which I think will give you a greater understanding of what autism is about and how a child with autism will behave/interact with others.

I am also including a link, an information page from Autism Help which you may like to read. The information page gives you a range of categories to choose from in relation to having a child with autism in an early childhood setting. It also provides tips on dealing with transitions, managing behavior, setting up the room environment etc. Just click on the heading you want to read.

Click here to go to the Autism Info Page.

Hopefully from this information you will be able to understand a child with autism a little more and be able to complete your assignment.

:geek:,
L.A