CHCIC501A - Six P's of Total Quality Management

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
jaclyn22

CHCIC501A - Six P's of Total Quality Management

Post by jaclyn22 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:16 pm

I am struggling with this assignmnet a little and was wondering if anyone can help me out on this question.
Name the six p's of Total Qualtiy Managment

Any help would be greatful
Last edited by Lorina on Tue May 14, 2013 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: CHCIC501A Manage children's service workplace practice to address regulations and quality assurances

Post by Lorina » Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:04 pm

Hey Jac22,

I haven't heard of this before so I just googled it... now I couldn't find anything on the "six p's of total quality management", so I'm not sure what the question is referring too. Is their any more information that is asked to this question... From what I have found, I think that the six P's may be referring to Principles (I thought it was something to do with the beginning letter P :giggle:) and I found 8... I'll add the information below but other than this I'm not too sure...

What Is Total Quality Management

Total quality management is a management system for a customer focused organization that involves all employee in continual improvement of all aspects of the organization. TQM uses strategy, data, and effective communication to integrate the quality principles into the culture and activities of the organization.

Principles Of TQM

1- Be Customer focused: Whatever you do for quality improvement, remember that ONLY customers determine the level of quality. Whatever you do to foster quality improvement, training employees, integrating quality into processes management, ONLY customers determine whether your efforts were worthwhile.

2-Insure Total Employee Involvement: You must remove fear from work place, then empower employee... you provide the proper environment.

3- Process Centered: Fundamental part of TQM is to focus on process thinking.

4- Integrated system: All employee must know the business mission and vision. An integrated business system may be modeled by MBNQA or ISO 9000

5- Strategic and systematic approach: Strategic plan must integrate quality as core component.

6- Continual Improvement: Using analytical, quality tools, and creative thinking to become more efficient and effective.

7- Fact Based Decision Making: Decision making must be ONLY on data, not personal or situational thinking.

8- Communication: Communication strategy, method and timeliness must be well defined.

I don't know if this is exactly what you are looking for but this is all the info I could find which explains the principles of total quality management.

Cheers :geek:,
L.A

jaclyn22

Re: CHCIC501A Manage children's service workplace practice to address regulations and quality assurances

Post by jaclyn22 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:55 pm

Hi,

Thanks, this is all i am getting as well when i google it on the internet. So i guess this is what it is referring to. Thank you so much for your help. Sometimes these assignments just get you stuck and it is hard to keep going.

Regards

Jaclyn

jaclyn22

Post by jaclyn22 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:59 pm

I have another question with this assignment is
Explain each element of the Quality Assurance Triangle
Defining quality
Measuring Quality
Improving Quality
I am really finding it hard to fond anything on Quality assurance on the internet, is there anywhere that you might suggest?

Regards
jaclyn

jaclyn22

Post by jaclyn22 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:35 pm

Thank you, anything will help at this stage :)

kumudu

Post by kumudu » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:55 am

HI, I THINK I'M LATE FOR YOU ANSWER,
BUT I FOUND 6 P'S OF TQM

PEOPLE
PROCESSES
PERFORMANCE
PLANNING
PRODUCTIVITY
PERFECTION

GOOD LUCK
KAY

jaclyn22

Post by jaclyn22 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:51 pm

Thank you for that, i had already found them which took me an age as well. They where not easy to find :) Thank you for replying though :)