CHCFC504A - Daily Routines Providing Age Appropriate Choices

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
melly

CHCFC504A - Daily Routines Providing Age Appropriate Choices

Post by melly » Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:23 pm

hey every one
my name is melissa and im stuck on some questions on this assignment, im finding it a bit challanging and just need a little push in the right direction :-)
the questions are:
1. in relation to daily routines suggest two care strategies that provide babies (0-15 months) with age appropriate choices.

2 in relation to daily routines suggest three care stratigies that provide toddlers (16 months - 3 years) with age appropriate choices.

3. in relation to daily routines suggest four care stratigies that proovide preschoolers (4-5 years) with age appropriate choices.

i have asked some of the ladys at my work but they dont seem to be of much help on what im suposse to do i dont understand what they mean by "care stratigies" and some of the ladys didnt even know either.
thanks melissa
Last edited by Lorina on Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: CHCFC504A - Daily Routines Providing Age Appropriate Choices

Post by Lorina » Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:30 pm

Hey Melissa,

Welcome to Aussie Childcare Network! :wave:

For this question, I think "care strategies" refer to in what ways you help the children to make choices within the daily routine.

Some examples can include:

- Getting the children to choose their hats.

- Providing different paints they can choose from during art n craft.

- Allowing the children to serve themselves during lunch so they can choose how much they eat etc...

I hope these give you a few examples which you can build upon from here...

Cheers :geek:,
L.A

op231281

Post by op231281 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:10 pm

Hi Melly,

I am too am from Qld and we are obviously doing the exact same assignments, maybe we can work together to get these finished?

Regards Kylie

melly

Post by melly » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:05 pm

Hey Kylie
I'll be happy with that :-) I'm only 19 and been in childcare for just over 2 years and I am already doing my diploma lol I was finding it easy until now lol I'm finding it challenging now with these two assignments I'm working on, I dano how much help I'd be but what ever I can help u with I'm happy to try :-)

Melissa

op231281

Re: CHCFC504A Support emotional and psychological development in ealty childhood

Post by op231281 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:28 pm

Would it be easier if we email each other privately I am 28years with 3 children and been in the same centre for 10years. Will talk about it in private? :) my email address is {EMAIL ADDRESS DELETED}
Last edited by admin on Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Deleted the email address from this post to prevent spam.

op231281

Post by op231281 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:36 pm

Oops.. I have been in trouble. I am not sure how to private msg you, could you possible private msg me so I can give you my email address?

Ta Kylie :)

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:23 pm

HI Kylie,

No problems..generally you wouldnt have been able to send private messages to other members in our forum until you make a minimum of 3 posts . I just noticed that after your last post you have now made 3 posts so far. So that means these features should be unlocked in your account and you should be able to send the private message to other members now. Its pretty easy and there are many ways to do this. Below is one way to send PM to other members:

1) First login and click on the username of the person you would like to send the private message to.

2) When you click on the username, you will then view the member's profile page. Here, scroll down and you will see this option "PM: Send private message" under Contact. Click on that link to send a PM to that member.

3) Thats all...You will now be on the "Compose message" page where you can type in your private message and send.

You can even send attachments via PM in this site itself. Just play around your "User Control Panel" (can be found on your left side menu bar when you are logged in).

Instant Messages:

You can also do instant chatting as well. For this, add the other member as a friend by going to "My Wall" and you can chat instantly when your friends are online.

let me know if you have any troubles..

op231281

Post by op231281 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:30 pm

Thank you for your help, your instructions are very easy to follow. Thanks