CHCECE021

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
vawdon
Participator
Participator

CHCECE021

Post by vawdon » Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:45 pm

I have a scenario I need help with I have a basic idea of the first question but struggling with putting it to paper

Read the scenario and answer the related questions.
Imani
Imani (3yrs) emigrated with her family 18 months ago, from a small African country that was constantly at war with its neighbours. Imani speaks fluent Swahili and English.
Imani’s parents were teachers. Now her father works in a factory and her mother is at home with a new baby. Imani has just started childcare and attends two days per week, and presents as a happy, confident child.
After her third week Imani told her mother that she no longer wanted to attend. After some gentle questioning, her mother discovered that Imani was being teased by some of the other children because of her dark skin and thick frizzy hair. One older boy was being very cruel. Imani tells her mother that she is afraid of this boy. Imani’s mother decides to keep Imani at home for the day and calls the service to make an appointment for her and her husband to talk to Imani’s teacher.
As a follow-up to this discussion educator Sara works with her colleagues to immediately address the bullying and racism.

1.Explain why it is essential to immediately address this issue.

my answer : it is essential to immediately address the issue as bullying and racism should not be tolerated and be addressed immediately as the children involved need to acknowledge and understand that is not okay to bully and also understand cultural differences so that any further bullying or racism can be prevented.

2. Suggest what Sara and her team can do to address this issue.

i am unsure of the correct way to address this issue

some help will be much appreciated !!

vawdon
Participator
Participator

Re: CHCECE021

Post by vawdon » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:31 pm

have answered the question no longer need assistance thankyou