CHCCN511A - Training Workshops On OH&S Issues

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
sherry.mcc
Helper
Helper

CHCCN511A - Training Workshops On OH&S Issues

Post by sherry.mcc » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:59 pm

Hello, I have to plan a series of four training workshops of 50 minutes each.
I have to write an outcome, list the topics that I will cover, list the references that I will use, list the handouts I will provide. I have done all that.
What I need help with is the outline of each workshop.
Do I put
I will introduce myself and state the name of the workshop "nappy changing" that I am going to do today. I will also be handing out our services policy and procedures for this workshop and other handouts and also a power point presentation as well as hands on strategies e.g. dolls, nappies, wipes, gloves, etc
Is this what they are looking for?
Sherry
Last edited by Lorina on Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

tracy

Re: CHCCN511A - Training Workshops On OH&S Issues

Post by tracy » Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:35 am

Hi,

I have recently completed this assignment. It was a big one!

I looked at all the different OH&S issues that would need to be covered and split them in to 4 different workshops.
Example Workshop 1:

Topics to cover:
Infectious Diseases (assessing, exclusion periods, notifying parents)
Infection Control (hygiene,nappy changing,toileting,handwashing,bodily fluids)
Immunisations(imminisation schedule, children who are not immunised)
Medications (storing,permission notes,administering,medication register)
Emergencies(evacuation prodecures,calling am ambulance,notifying families)

Outcomes - to minimise the spread of infectious diseases by using standard infection control precautions
to ensure the immediate actions in the event of an accident or emergency
to facilitate the effective care and health management of children taking medication byt he safe adminitrating of medication.

I then explore each topic and include handouts (hand wash procedure, nappy changing
procedure. I also included a powerpoint presentation as a summary from the workshop - included the legal requirements of employers and employees of ohs.

Workshop 2
included topics
indoor environment (hazard identifying and reporting, chemical storage, toy safety etc)
Outdoor environement (sun safety, indent and reporting hazards, hazardous plants, snakes ans spiders)
Pesticides
building Maintenance
First Aid (kit and who are the officers)

Workshop 3
Manual Handling
Stress
pregnacgy

Workshop4
Food prep
excursions
child protection
records and policies

It was a huge assignment. For me i just had to explore 1 in depth (workshop1) and the others just give topics and outcomes. There is a lot in info on the net - kidsafe, ohs reg's, ncac, staying healthy in childcare edition4 - make sure you list all your references too.

Hope this helps!

sherry.mcc
Helper
Helper

Re: CHCCN511A - Training Workshops On OH&S Issues

Post by sherry.mcc » Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:44 pm

Hi Tracy,
Thank you for your help. I didn't have enough topics in mine and since reading yours I now know what they want so thank you again.