CHC50113- Developing A Plan OF Inclusion

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
bubbler12
Contributor
Contributor

CHC50113- Developing A Plan OF Inclusion

Post by bubbler12 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:34 pm

Question 8- Developing a plan of inclusion to support participation
You are required to develop and implement a plan for support and inclusion for at least one child, demonstrating individualised child centered planning and implementation.
Please note: This assessment task will require you to access the relevant templates/ forms/ documents from your workplace in addition to accessing the organisation policies and procedures.
Within your plan you will need to outline:
1. Collaboration process, sharing information with the child's family and other educators to develop and implement the plan
unsure
2. Process to investigate and trial strategies to address the individual needs of the child and their family
unsure
3. Review process and suggestions for adaptations to service delivery
unsure
4. Identification and assessment process for children's additional needs
unsure
5. Process for obtaining additional resources or sources of information to assist in the development and adaption of the curriculum to support access and participation
unsure
Last edited by Lorina on Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

bubbler12
Contributor
Contributor

Re: CHC50113- Supporting children's successful participation

Post by bubbler12 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:06 pm

I need help on the above questions and I unsure on where to start. Does this mean we share information to parents through commutation books,

Lorina

Re: CHC50113- Developing A Plan OF Inclusion

Post by Lorina » Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:36 am

See if this helps:

[attachment=0]additional_needs_inclusion.pdf[/attachment]
[attachment=1]Inclusion of Children w Additional Needs_Dec12.pdf[/attachment]
[attachment=2]DEVELOPING_A_PLAN_FOR_INCLUSION.docx[/attachment]
:geek:,
Lorina
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

bubbler12
Contributor
Contributor

Post by bubbler12 » Sun May 03, 2015 11:24 am

Question 2- Process to investigate and trial strategies to address the individual needs of the child and their family
What I have so far

The plan will aim to outline the function and purpose of the child's behaviour so that challenging behaviours can be redirected while positive behaviours are reinforced and maintained. When both centre and home environments consistently ( everyday) adapt the following strategies, the reinforcing of positive behaviours will reach their full potential.

bubbler12
Contributor
Contributor

Post by bubbler12 » Sun May 03, 2015 11:56 am

Question 8- Developing a plan of inclusion to support participation
You are required to develop and implement a plan for support and inclusion for at least one child, demonstrating individualised child centered planning and implementation.
Please note: This assessment task will require you to access the relevant templates/ forms/ documents from your workplace in addition to accessing the organisation policies and procedures.
Within your plan you will need to outline:
1. Collaboration process, sharing information with the child's family and other educators to develop and implement the plan
What I have so far
When the child is displaying unacceptable behaviour the qualified educator will observe, monitor and record the child's behaviour. The educator should work alongside with the family and gather as much information as possible as this may result on why the child is behaving in an unacceptable way. The qualified educator and centre director will privately consult with the family about the concerns and suggest to the family that we work together for a positive behavioural technique and develop a plan that is suitable for both home and early childhood education and care service environment. The qualified educator, centre director and the child's family should work collaboratively to develop a written behaviour management plan detailing specific strategies and a time frame that staff will put in practice as soon as possible. The educator and family should have regular meetings and discuss if the strategies are working or not and if the suggested strategies aren't working the qualified educator can get professional support to help with the child behaviour. All of the educators should have a copy of/ be aware of the behaviour managementnplan. The family and educator should a communication book in place, which the educator/ family is able to check each day so they can exchange information about the child as this is a good idea in case the educator is unable to see a child family due to the educator shift.

2. Process to investigate and trial strategies to address the individual needs of the child and their family
Question 2- Process to investigate and trial strategies to address the individual needs of the child and their family
What I have so far

The plan will aim to outline the function and purpose of the child's behaviour so that challenging behaviours can be redirected while positive behaviours are reinforced and maintained. When both centre and home environments consistently ( everyday) adapt the following strategies, the reinforcing of positive behaviours will reach their full potential.

3. Review process and suggestions for adaptations to service delivery

. The educator and family should have regular meetings to say what is working for the child and what isn’t. If something working really well at home, the family could suggest it to the child’s educators and they could do this at daycare. If something is working really well at daycare, the educators could tell the family and they could try reinforce and continue this strategy at home. Regular meetings should be held with the family and educator to review and update the Behaviour Management Plan

4. Identification and assessment process for children's additional needs
1. Note the behaviour problem the child has i.e. hurting another child when he wants to play with the toy/activity/ other child.
2. Discuss the problem with the parent - have parents noticed this when the child plays with other children at home or when visiting friends.
3. Establish what strategies (if any) the parents use at home - what have they tried that appears successful.
4. Ask their approval to use the strategy at GoodStart.
5. Ask a professional to assess the child during play activities and offer suggestions to support the child.
6. Further collaborative discussion with parents, professional and educator to suggest further strategies.
7. Importance of parents reinforcing appropriate behaviour at home.

5. Process for obtaining additional resources or sources of information to assist in the development and adaption of the curriculum to support access and participation
. The educator needs to see what is working and not working with the child as they can make changes to the behaviour management plan if needed.
. The child needs to be closely monitored to enable the educators to assess what they need to help/ support the child.
. Praise the child if they are doing something correctly
. If the child wants something, the educator should step in and help the child to ask for what they want: for example: If a child takes a shovel from a child playing in the sandpit. The educator could ask the child to return the shovel to the child. [and then] The educator should demonstrate the correct method then the child to ask, “Can I please have the shovel when you are finished?”

bubbler12
Contributor
Contributor

Post by bubbler12 » Sun May 03, 2015 11:57 am

That is what I have so far could you please tell me if I am on track with the question or if I am not could you put suggestion for the question

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon May 04, 2015 3:45 am

I think you've answered this question well and you're on the right track with you're response! :thumbup:

Lorina

bubbler12
Contributor
Contributor

Post by bubbler12 » Mon May 04, 2015 4:07 am

Okay thanks

liz56

Post by liz56 » Tue Apr 12, 2022 5:03 pm

hi could anyone help with this question regarding inclusion
Adjust your strategies to address barriers and respond to the daily needs of children with additional needs.

what does this mean and how do I answer this

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed Apr 13, 2022 11:34 pm

liz56 wrote:
Tue Apr 12, 2022 5:03 pm
hi could anyone help with this question regarding inclusion
Adjust your strategies to address barriers and respond to the daily needs of children with additional needs.

what does this mean and how do I answer this

This question is basically asking when a child with additional needs is at your service what may you need to adjust in order to support the child.

So for example a child could be partially blind and to go outside there are stairs to access the outdoor area. You could add reflectors on the stairs to make it easier for the child to see the stairs or provide a handrail for the child to hold or install a ramp.

Here is some more information: Inclusion Of Children With Additional Needs

Lorina

liz56

Post by liz56 » Sun Apr 17, 2022 3:59 pm

hi could anyone help me with this one. if this question talking about like strategies. the child special needs is autism

vii. Ensure curriculum decisions promote and support all children to fully participate, regardless of background, age, gender or ability