Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care CHC50113

Discuss issues regarding children's behaviour at your centre, disciplining children, dealing with difficult child, biting child, aggresive children and more..
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
tracyck1

Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care CHC50113

Post by tracyck1 » Fri May 09, 2014 5:14 pm

Hi Everyone,

I am currently study diploma and i just need some help with my assignments. I just need some direction to point to the right way and here are my answer:

Pro-social

Pro-social skills’ is a broad term used to describe a set of skills that enable a person to competently interact with other people. It also involves a person learning socially acceptable behaviours.
Some examples of social skills are:

• Empathy: Is an ability to identify and understand another person’s point of view, feelings and emotions. Empathy is an important characteristic, and it’s never too early to teach the children how be caring and understanding towards other children. The best way to teach children the empathy include setting an example for them and using interactive activities like cooking play, facial expression cards and magazine or picture book with the children. For example, Ariana, her friend noticed she was upset and quietly went to sit beside Mahi and gentle stroked her arm. I, the educator was standing nearby and noticed what happened. I joined the girls to offer some comfort too. When Mahi was feeling a little better the educator turned to Ariana and said, ‘You noticed Mahi needed a friend and you helped her to feel better.” Mahi smiled at Ariana and the two girls went to play in the sandpit together.

• Self-control: Teaching young children self-control is a key to their reaching the kindergarten ready to learn to stay calm when another child teased. A child without impulse control is unable to listen or concentrate or exhibit behaviour that is an age appropriate. Explain the child what the consequence will be if they fail to control their temper-tantrum, their poor attitude, or whatever bad behaviour you wish to correct. When child behaviour bad or slips up, get down on their level and explain to them clear and calm voice what they did wrong. Use direct instruction to let children know what are appropriate behaviours, inappropriate behaviours, and alternative behaviours.

• For example, restricting certain behaviours (“Five more minutes on the swing or the puzzle corner.”) or redirecting children’s behaviours like (“Stop running inside. We run outside instead.”) A caregiver model right from wrong so children can learn by example.

• Co-operation: During the morning activity today in the block corner large group of children were sitting down play with the little pony activity. They were using their social and imagination skills to interact with one another. They were using their co-operation and sharing skills towards each other. Co-operation is the most important during a child’s learning development.

• Assertion: During afternoon activity a few children explore the bath, dolls, baby cloths and changing mat. A few children came up to carer and asked for help to put on baby cloth on the doll. For example, “Can you put this on please?” Educator said, “Yes and explain the children to the head in first then follow with the arms!” The children were very interest and take all the information in.

• Responsibility:
• Communication: Establish an open and consistent line of communication with the children. Make and maintain time for the children to communicate during playtime and interaction as well. Role model qualities of communication (example, active listening, eye contact, expression of empathy). For example, during playtime children used their imagination and language to communicate with others. Sometimes the children came up to you and tap you on the leg or back to communicate with them. Educator will encourage the children to use their words to communicate with others.

15. For each of these, detail how a child might display these skills in regards to themselves and/or others.

16. Describe routines/learning experiences that might enhance the development of each of these skills a time when you have witnessed each of these skills being displayed by children in your service.

tracyck1

Re: Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care CHC50113

Post by tracyck1 » Fri May 09, 2014 5:29 pm

PLEASE NEEDS HELP ASAP

Self-Esteem and Self-Concept

10. Describe self-esteem and self-concept (read “Programming and Planning in Early Childhood Settings” – prescribe text page 82)

Self-esteem: is a basic development in a child’s learning in the environments.

11. What is the difference between these two terms?

➢ The difference between self-esteem and self-concept is the image you have in yourself. Self-esteem is how confident you are. Self-esteem is one’s feelings of high or low self-worth. Self-concept is a sense of one’s identity and personal worth and all out thoughts and feeling about us in answer to the question is “Who am I?” Children learn from the play and interaction with peers and caregiver.

12. Suggest some appropriate experiences that could foster these traits in a child describe how they do this.

13. Culture plays a big part in the development of a child’s self-concept. Identify a few ways in which culture influences a child’s self-concept

I would appreciate with all the help !!!
Thank You ..