Working In Childcare For 2 Years - Wage Related

Discussions on Childcare Wages. Are you getting paid the right amount? Just started a new position and not sure of your wages? Ask here and you'll find your answers.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
fatima6

Working In Childcare For 2 Years - Wage Related

Post by fatima6 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:41 pm

Hey, Ive been working in childcare for about 2 years and a half. This October will be 2 years a half. I was working a whole year and a half at a center as causal and earning $22 and since last October I have worked full time in a center earning $24.10. The thing is they are saying that they are paying above rate, I have my diploma since 2015, received my cert 3 in the end of 2013 and this year June, I will be commencing 3 year ECT studying at University. Im currently am a 2nd year in training ect university student.

How much am I supposed to be earning??

I have spoken to someone who is working full time and only started for 6 months diploma and is revicing $23 dollars.

I feel like Im not being paid right.

Lorina

Re: Working In Childcare For 2 Years - Wage Related

Post by Lorina » Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:31 pm

Working as an assistant educator and you had completed your Cert 3 in 2013 you will be on Level 3.3. Your minimum full time wage is: 21.48/per hour and your casual rate is $26.85/per hour.

Since you have also completed your Diploma qualification and you are working as an assistant educator within the room you will be on Level 3.4. Your minimum full time wage is $22.66/per hour and your casual rate $28.33/per hour.

However if you are working as a room leader you will be on Level 4.2. Your minimum full time wage is $24.07/ per hour and your casual rate $30.09/per hour.

You will only be paid the ECT salary if you are the ECT teacher for the service. If you finish your ECT degree and you are still working as a room leader rather than the ECT teacher your pay rate doesn't change...

I hope this information helps,

:geek:,
Lorina

Lorina

Re: Working In Childcare For 2 Years - Wage Related

Post by Lorina » Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:33 pm

Here is some more information that may help give you an understanding on wages:

Childcare Wages In Australia

Feel free to ask anymore questions for further clarification.

:geek:,
Lorina