Updated Wages - Children’s Services Award 2010

Discussions on Childcare Wages. Are you getting paid the right amount? Just started a new position and not sure of your wages? Ask here and you'll find your answers.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
laughingclowns

Updated Wages - Children’s Services Award 2010

Post by laughingclowns » Mon Apr 24, 2023 2:43 pm

Hi

I just wanted to confirm if there has been an update from the Wages stated on Aussie Childcare Network as the only 1 i can find on here is from Jan this year, however it seems to be updated on Fair Work Ombudsman since then?

https://awardviewer.fwo.gov.au/award/sh ... P147_12152

Lorina

Re: Updated Wages - Children’s Services Award 2010

Post by Lorina » Sat Apr 29, 2023 8:54 pm

Hi There,

Thanks for letting us know!

We have updated the wages table now and after comparing what we had previously and what Fair Work has released there were only a few changes to wage rates by only 1 or 2 cents. Most of the rates have stayed as they were including wage rates for Cert 3 and Diploma Qualified Educators, there were no changes in pay rates for these Educators.

We have also updated the allowance information, including adding the Educational Leader Allowance.

Thanks again for the heads up!

:geek:,
Lorina

Tanweer Tupsy

Post by Tanweer Tupsy » Sat May 27, 2023 7:53 am

Hi lorina i need a help . I work in a childcare centre which is run by community there’s a president, now i am a diploma qualified i have 1 year 7 months experience i get paid on $29.17 not a team leader now i want to join goodstart early learning as an educator but i am confused with their pay rate it look my pay will likely reduce in goodstart while checking on the award chart it show 2 types of diploma levels

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue May 30, 2023 4:09 am

Since you have a diploma the pay rate depends on your position. For a Diploma Assistant, you will be on Level 3.4 and for a Diploma Room leader you will be on Level 4.1 so that's the difference in the award chart.

:geek:,
Lorina