permanent job offer queries:

Discussions on Childcare Wages. Are you getting paid the right amount? Just started a new position and not sure of your wages? Ask here and you'll find your answers.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
spd
Participator
Participator

permanent job offer queries:

Post by spd » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:10 am

Hi,

I was working as a casual since last two months and my pay was $ 23.38 per hour. i was getting shifts all days in a week. but travelling far locations early in the morning was bit a challenging thing. Last week i had been to another centre and i did my shift whole week at that centre, which is just 20 minutes from my home. So the director offered me a permanent position at the same centre and i am so excited to start my permanent job in another two weeks.
my concern is,
1) i just finished my certificate III was my completion certificate will be issued in 2 weeks time. so when i started my casual job i was told that after submission of certificate i will be paid $ 26.38 per hour, till then i'll be paid $23.38. So now as i am moving to a permanent position i'll be paid $21.27 per hour, and upon the submission of Certificate i'll be paid $ 22.27. I understand there is lots of difference in the pay between casual and permanent. So is this the right pay for an assistant educator?
2) next is, as a casual educator during my shifts most of my shifts were covering the breaks and planning. (like a floater). and some centres allowed me to do nappy change, serve the food, do cleaning stuff and some centres just asked me to supervise the children the whole day. So going forward as a assistant educator i understand that my responsibilities will me more. What i don't understand is i am so confused with the planning and programming? if somebody could explain me about what is the process for planning and programming? so as a assistant educator what will be my responsibilities?
Really appreciate if somebody could explain me about this.

Lorina

Re: permanent job offer queries:

Post by Lorina » Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:11 pm

Ok, so in permanent part time you will be starting on level 3A which is an unqualified educator and the rate is $20.96 per hour (you are getting above award).

When you submit your qualification, you will move onto Level 3A (qualified Educator) and the rate is $21.29 per hour. Since you will be receiving $22.27 per hour, you will be receiving above award rate.

So, your pay rate is good as a permanent.

In regards to programming and planning, you will be mostly assisting the Room Leader. You may also be asked to do observations etc. I'll give you some information that may help:

Observations In Childcare
Writing Learning Stories

Your Room leader will support you with writing up documentation if you don't know how to do something ask and they will help you!

You'll be fine!

:geek:,
Lorina