Pay Rates For Inclusion Support Worker

Discussions on Childcare Wages. Are you getting paid the right amount? Just started a new position and not sure of your wages? Ask here and you'll find your answers.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Debb-j

Pay Rates For Inclusion Support Worker

Post by Debb-j » Mon May 23, 2016 3:26 pm

My daughter has completed her cert 3 at a childcare care centre which she is still working at. After completing this they changed her job role to inclusion support and dropped her wage to $17.60 per hour. Is this correct

Lorina

Re: Pay Rates For Inclusion Support Worker

Post by Lorina » Tue May 24, 2016 7:09 pm

As far as I understand for an inclusion support worker they still fall under the Children's Services Award 2010 which is the same for a cert 3 qualified educator. How long ago did your daughter finish her cert 3? Does she work full time?

:geek:,
Lorina

Debb-j

Post by Debb-j » Tue May 24, 2016 7:50 pm

Hi Lorina
She works 4 days a week, 5hrs a day. She is sent home with no pay if child does not turn up.
She got her cert 3 in 2014

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed May 25, 2016 5:43 pm

So is she classified as a casual or part time?

Sorry for all the questions I just need to know to understand what wage your daughter should be on...

Lorina

Debb-j

Post by Debb-j » Wed May 25, 2016 6:28 pm

Her boss won't clarify this however she has never been given holidays so I'm assuming casual

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Fri May 27, 2016 6:14 pm

As a casual with a cert 3 qualification for 2 years her casual hourly wage may be $26.04. However I'm not too sure because she is not working as an assistant within the room... I will contact Fair Work Australia and find out exactly what your daughter will be getting...

I will let you know once I receive a reply from them...

I just don't want to give you the wrong information so I will find out and let you know,

Lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:20 pm

I have contacted and waiting for information from Fair Work Australia...

Lorina

Debb-j

Post by Debb-j » Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:22 pm

Thank you

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:14 am

I received the following reply:
Classification levels under the award can be reviewed under Schedule B Classifications which is towards the end of the award document. Provided their main and substantive duties come under this schedule there would be potential coverage.

Under this award under clause 10.5 (c) it says:
"(c) A casual employee will be paid a minimum of two hours pay for each engagement."

So if a casual employee presents themselves for work and you do not cancel the shift prior to the engagement they will still need to be paid 2 hours.

The Classification levels they are referring to are the following:

Level 3

This is an employee who has completed AQF Certificate III in Children's Services or an equivalent qualification or, alternatively, this employee will possess, in the opinion of the employer, sufficient knowledge or experience to perform the duties at this level. An employee appointed at this level will also undertake the same duties and perform the same tasks as a CSE Level 2.

Indicative duties:
•Assist in the preparation, implementation and evaluation of developmentally appropriate programs for individual children or groups.
•Record observations of individual children or groups for program planning purposes for qualified staff.
•Under direction, work with individual children with particular needs.
•Assist in the direction of untrained staff.
•Undertake and implement the requirements of quality assurance.
•Work in accordance with food safety regulations.

Ref: Levels For Childcare Wages

So from the information given by Fair Work Australia, it sounds like your daughter is being underpaid...

Lorina