pay rate levels

Discussions on Childcare Wages. Are you getting paid the right amount? Just started a new position and not sure of your wages? Ask here and you'll find your answers.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
uieqlo

pay rate levels

Post by uieqlo » Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:29 pm

Hi,
im just needing clarification about my pay rate. I have my Cert 3 and currently studying my diploma and working part-time and have completed the 11 core units so i am under level 3.4 when i finish my diploma will i move to level 4.1 or stay on level 3.4?

Lorina

Re: pay rate levels

Post by Lorina » Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:02 pm

Hi,

It depends on your position. If you are an assistant you will remain on Level 3.4 even when you complete your Diploma.

If you are a room leader, once you complete your Diploma you will start at Level 4.1.

Hope this helps!

:geek:,
Lorina

uieqlo

Post by uieqlo » Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:34 pm

Thank you! makes sense
will my pay increase or level up every 12 months if i stay as an assistant?

SarahB01

Post by SarahB01 » Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:13 am

Hi Lorina,
I am new to the childcare industry and I am studying towards a Bachelor of Early Childhood Education at uni. I just began working as a part time educator. I do have my teaching placement coming up in November for 15 days. Will I be able to apply for unpaid leave for 15 days, and come back to work after?
Thanks.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:42 pm

uieqlo wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:34 pm
Thank you! makes sense
will my pay increase or level up every 12 months if i stay as an assistant?

If you're a Diploma assistant already on Level 3.4, your pay level will stay the same even if you work in the industry as a Diploma assistant for years.

Your level will only increase if you're a room leader starting at Level 4.1 for example, until you reach level 4.3.

Once you reach the maximum level then you're on that level until you get a higher job position.

Hope this helps!

Lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:44 pm

SarahB01 wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:13 am
Hi Lorina,
I am new to the childcare industry and I am studying towards a Bachelor of Early Childhood Education at uni. I just began working as a part time educator. I do have my teaching placement coming up in November for 15 days. Will I be able to apply for unpaid leave for 15 days, and come back to work after?
Thanks.

Hi Sarah,

Yeah I don't see why not... I would recommend to organise it as early as possible and put in your leave early too.

Lorina

nithyaarunprasad

Post by nithyaarunprasad » Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:45 am

Hi Lorina

I have 2 years of experience in childcare, within this period, I worked as a pre-kinder teacher and room leader for 1 year in 3-4 years age group. I was getting $35 and some cents in the professional childcare services award. I was offered $36 and some cents in another LDC for the pre-kinder teacher position in a regional city. I have a grad dip in ECE and also have obtained my full registration from VIT this year. Now, I am looking for ECT positions for 4-5 years, but I am either rejected for my lack of experience in 4 years kinder and or offered lower pay or job-sharing with another ECT.

I feel like my qualification and VIT registration have very little value. Can you please advise me, the rate of pay I should negotiate, should I get an offer for a full-time 4 year ECT position?

Thanks

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:30 am

Hi!

Have you been offered any job offers as yet?

Do you still need assistance with this question?

Lorina