Incorrect pay rate

Discussions on Childcare Wages. Are you getting paid the right amount? Just started a new position and not sure of your wages? Ask here and you'll find your answers.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
cindysw

Incorrect pay rate

Post by cindysw » Sat May 07, 2022 1:04 am

Hi everyone,

I received my Cert 3 qualification on November 2015, and started working for 20 hrs/week since on Sept 2018. I am currently get $23.67 on Level 3.1.

My question is
1) is correct pay on level 3.1 as I have been working almost 4 yrs, should I be pay $25.26 on Level 3,3 (after 2 yrs).

2) the manager explained “our performance as the beginner-we don’t know how to do observation report and use centre app to upload daily activites. That’s annoying because we actually did both of them on the duty.
Also says we’re part time, we should do 2 yrs not 1 yr. Very confessed which level I could be . Is this true?????????

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated and want to sure they are not ripping me off.

Lorina

Re: Incorrect pay rate

Post by Lorina » Sat May 07, 2022 4:00 pm

Hi!

In regards to your Levels you start on Level 3.1 and each year - you go up a level until you reach Level 3.3 - this is the highest level for a Cert 3 qualified educator in an assistant position.

Since you are working part time, in the Children's Services Award it does state this in regards to progression to the next level:

12 months experience at that level (or in the case of employees employed for 19 hours or less per week, 24 months) and in-service training as required;

So if the 24 months does apply to you, in 2020 you should of moved up to Level 3.2. So, you should currently be paid as a Level 3.2. As per what your manger says about observation reports and daily activities is completely unfair and cannot be an excuse for giver you a lower level pay.

Here are the tasks you're required to complete for your Level:

Levels For Childcare Wages

As long as you are completing the tasks mentioned you should be able to progress to the next level.

Hope this helps!

Let me know if you have any further questions.

:geek:,
Lorina

cindysw

Post by cindysw » Sat May 07, 2022 4:29 pm

Hi Lorena,

Many thanks for your prompt response!

I am unsure shall employer use an excuse of my performance is unable to the next level pay then put me belong in level 3.1 every year.

Is she break the law and what can I do if she doesn’t pay level 3.3 rate?

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sat May 07, 2022 7:48 pm

The next step would be to contact Fair Work Ombudsman. They will be able to help you with your pay rate and confirm how much you should be paid. You can send them an email and write down all the information, you basically written on here but also include your work hours per week. Once you receive a confirmation back from them in regards to your pay rate, then basically you can use that as evidence to show your employer in order to get paid correctly.

This is the next best step.

Lorina

cindysw

Post by cindysw » Sun May 08, 2022 12:49 am

Hi Lorena,

Thank you so much for your help.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sun May 08, 2022 10:41 am

You're welcome!

Feel free to contact me if you are having issues and I'll help you through!

Lorina