How Are Educators Paid Apart From Job Description

Discussions on Childcare Wages. Are you getting paid the right amount? Just started a new position and not sure of your wages? Ask here and you'll find your answers.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
flowerchild

How Are Educators Paid Apart From Job Description

Post by flowerchild » Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:34 am

Hi. I am new to this site and I find this very helpful and informative.

My question is: How are child care and education workers paid aside from their job description and qualifications criteria? To be concrete, will the child care educator/worker handling the babies group be paid less than the childcare educator/worker handling toddlers or kindy-age children?

I come from another country and now based in WA. I am still learning how the system works in early education and childcare work here.

Thank you for all the wonderful insights and information I get on this site.

Jo

Lorina

Re: How Are Educators Paid Apart From Job Description

Post by Lorina » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:33 am

Hi Jo,

Welcome to Aussie Childcare Network!

Thanks for your positive feedback regarding this site! I really appreciate it! Very happy to hear that you're finding this site useful!

Unfortunately the rates are only based on your job role and your qualification. It doesn't matter what room you're working in...A room leader in the toddler room, will get the same amount as the room leader in the preschool room if they have the same qualification. If you are a room leader and an 2IC then you will get a bit more but other than this it's all the same...

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
Lorina

flowerchild

Post by flowerchild » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:14 am

Thank you, Lorina. This is very enlightening.

I'm happy that I found this site.

All the best to the people behind this.

Keep up the good work!

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:02 pm

From what I understand early childhood can be a little different here in Aus compared to other countries. It's rather interesting when you start finding out how other countries set up their early childhood centres and what's involved in it. Some times you find that the rules are very lenient and anyone interested can begin their centre and then you have a country like ours where there are so many rules and regulations...

Let me know if you have any more questions,

Thanks for the support,

:geek:,
Lorina