Help Understanding Pay Levels

Discussions on Childcare Wages. Are you getting paid the right amount? Just started a new position and not sure of your wages? Ask here and you'll find your answers.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Bethy_M

Help Understanding Pay Levels

Post by Bethy_M » Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:35 pm

Hi I just want help understanding the different levels which help determine pay rates.

If you are working as an assistant in a room, and are studying your certificate III would you be on level 1,2 or 3?

If you are working as a lead educator in a room, and you are studying your cert III and diploma all at once, (so technically you are yet to have any qualification at all) what level should you be on?

I don’t really understand the levels especially in what instances you’d be 1,2, or 3a

Lorina

Re: Help Understanding Pay Levels

Post by Lorina » Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:08 am

Hi!

If you are studying towards your Cert 3 Qualification, I would assume you will be on Level 2:

Level 2
This is an employee who has completed 12 months in Level 1, or a relevant AQF Certificate II, or in the opinion of the employer has sufficient knowledge and experience to perform the work within the scope of this level. An employee at this level has limited knowledge and experience in children's services and is expected to take limited responsibility for their own work.

Indicative duties:
Assist in the implementation of the children's program under supervision.
Assist in the implementation of daily care routines.
Develop awareness of and assist in the maintenance of the health and safety of the children in care.
Give each child individual attention and comfort as required.
Understand and work according to the centre or service's policies and procedures.
Demonstrate knowledge of hygienic handling of food and equipment.

For a lead Educator currently studying their Diploma Qualification, you will be on Level 4A.

Level 4A
This is an employee who has not obtained the qualifications required for a Level 4 employee who performs the same duties as a Level 4 employee.

Once the Lead Educator has completed their Diploma qualification then they will move into Level 4.1.

Reference:Level For Childcare Wages

Let me know if you have any further questions!

:geek:,
Lorina