Cert 3 in School Based Education Support as an OOSH educator

Discussions on Childcare Wages. Are you getting paid the right amount? Just started a new position and not sure of your wages? Ask here and you'll find your answers.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
SentientGnome

Cert 3 in School Based Education Support as an OOSH educator

Post by SentientGnome » Fri Nov 04, 2022 11:32 pm

Hey all, I am currently studying at TAFE doing a cert 3 in school based education support.

I recently began working casually at a new centre, and was wondering whether completing this award would impact my rate of pay at all - and either way, is there a resource that outlines the relevent NQF courses that would apply/impact my payrate in this position? To be specific it is CHC30221.

I also have 3 years experience as an educator if this makes any difference but I expect not.

Thanks!
:giggle:

Calista

Re: Cert 3 in School Based Education Support as an OOSH educator

Post by Calista » Thu Oct 12, 2023 10:24 am

Congrats! I hope I also can join it like you. I'm trying to complete the course and get the certification. I want to apply to a better company.

soulahoin

Post by soulahoin » Wed Nov 01, 2023 5:32 pm

Completing CHC30221 might impact your pay, but it varies by employer. Experience can definitely help with negotiations.

naivechilis

Post by naivechilis » Mon Dec 25, 2023 1:39 pm

soulahoin wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 5:32 pm
Completing CHC30221 might impact your pay, but it varies by employer. Experience can definitely help with negotiations.
Thank you for this important information.

prunellstich

Post by prunellstich » Thu May 23, 2024 3:37 am

SentientGnome wrote:
Fri Nov 04, 2022 11:32 pm
Hey all, I am currently studying at TAFE doing a cert 3 in school based education support.

I recently began working casually at a new centre, and was wondering whether completing this award would impact my rate of pay at all - and either way, is there a resource that outlines the relevent NQF courses that would apply/impact my payrate in this position? To be specific it is CHC30221.

I also have 3 years experience as an educator if this makes any difference but I expect not.

Thanks!
I've never heard of these certificates. I always thought that it was given alone and allowed me to teach.

bettyking

Post by bettyking » Thu Jun 13, 2024 6:06 pm

SentientGnome wrote:

Thanks!
Many awards and agreements specify minimum qualification requirements for different pay levels or classifications. The Certificate III in School Based Education Support is often the minimum qualification required for entry-level education support roles.

naivechilis

Post by naivechilis » Thu Sep 05, 2024 8:11 pm

bettyking wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2024 6:06 pm
SentientGnome wrote:

happy wheels

Thanks!
Many awards and agreements specify minimum qualification requirements for different pay levels or classifications. The Certificate III in School Based Education Support is often the minimum qualification required for entry-level education support roles.
:thumbup:

janegleichner

Post by janegleichner » Wed Sep 11, 2024 8:18 pm

Yes, if you complete a certificate, your salary can increase. In addition, you also have a certain knowledge related to it. Wish you soon complete the certificate.

KeeleyRuecker

Post by KeeleyRuecker » Sat Sep 14, 2024 2:10 am

thank you!

kevinblack

Post by kevinblack » Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:47 am

SentientGnome wrote:

Thanks!
Hey! Completing your CHC30221 (Certificate III in School Based Education Support) could potentially impact your pay rate, but it depends on the specific pay structure of your employer and the relevant award. Some employers may offer higher pay for qualifications like this, while others may focus more on experience or specific duties.
As for a resource, you can check the Fair Work Ombudsman’s website, which outlines pay rates under the Children's Services Award or the Educational Services (Schools) General Staff Award, depending on your role. The National Quality Framework (NQF) might not directly list pay rates, but it's worth confirming with your employer how qualifications affect your rate.
Also, your 3 years of experience might be valuable in negotiations or progression, so don't discount it! :)