Cert 3 in School Based Education Support as an OOSH educator

Discussions on Childcare Wages. Are you getting paid the right amount? Just started a new position and not sure of your wages? Ask here and you'll find your answers.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
SentientGnome

Cert 3 in School Based Education Support as an OOSH educator

Post by SentientGnome » Fri Nov 04, 2022 11:32 pm

Hey all, I am currently studying at TAFE doing a cert 3 in school based education support.

I recently began working casually at a new centre, and was wondering whether completing this award would impact my rate of pay at all - and either way, is there a resource that outlines the relevent NQF courses that would apply/impact my payrate in this position? To be specific it is CHC30221.

I also have 3 years experience as an educator if this makes any difference but I expect not.

Thanks!
:giggle:

Calista

Re: Cert 3 in School Based Education Support as an OOSH educator

Post by Calista » Thu Oct 12, 2023 10:24 am

Congrats! I hope I also can join it like you. I'm trying to complete the course and get the certification. I want to apply to a better company.

soulahoin

Post by soulahoin » Wed Nov 01, 2023 5:32 pm

Completing CHC30221 might impact your pay, but it varies by employer. Experience can definitely help with negotiations.

naivechilis

Post by naivechilis » Mon Dec 25, 2023 1:39 pm

soulahoin wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 5:32 pm
Completing CHC30221 might impact your pay, but it varies by employer. Experience can definitely help with negotiations.
Thank you for this important information.