Need advice asap- traineeship catch 22

Questions on starting a Cert 3 or Diploma traineeship, duties during a traineeship, traineeship working conditions etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
ilovechildren
Participator
Participator

Need advice asap- traineeship catch 22

Post by ilovechildren » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:26 pm

I was offered a traineeship role, but i am not sure whether to take it or not as they said if you quit in a certain amount of time, you have to pay them back for the training. Has anyone taken on a role like this, was it worth it or did they regret it. I hate feeling stuck, im someone who needs to feel comfortable and supported in a centre.

Lorina

Re: Need advice asap- traineeship catch 22

Post by Lorina » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:11 am

When I first started in this industry I did a traineeship and I personally enjoyed it! I loved the hands on experience I received and the fact that I could work and study... my Centre was supportive and the staff were fantastic! I learnt a lot!

However not to be negative, from what other users have experienced and shared in this forum itself, some educators pursuing a traineeship didn’t have such a good experience... they didn’t get support, they were stuck with the crappy jobs... so at a few services doing a traineeship can be negative...

I don’t think that you should have to pay if you leave... and you don’t really know how the Centre is until after a few weeks and you settle in... if you don’t fit in with the Centre staff, you’ll feel stuck because you’ll have to pay to leave and you don’t want that hanging over your head..

Can you maybe negotiate that you will start your traineeship only after your probation period ends if you would like to continue on with the Centre... that way you can see if you like the Centre and you want to continue working with them... it doesn’t Hurt to ask...

:geek:,
Lorina

sarahgamal

Culture and Community

Post by sarahgamal » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:06 pm

can any one help me Iam stuck in this Question ?
1. Select three (3) strategies from the options below that you can use to ensure you show respect for cultural diversity in all communication and interactions with clients, colleagues, and co-workers. ??

a) Imitate their style of clothing.
b) Avoid difficult and uncommon words and idiomatic expressions.
c) Imitate their accent to make them feel like others speak the same way.
d) Pronounce all words clearly. Avoid slurring your words.
e) Speak slowly, not loudly.
f) Speak slowly and loudly.
g) Point out what is different about them.
h) Always affirm everything they say or do.
I choose a , b , D