facing issues in traineeship

Questions on starting a Cert 3 or Diploma traineeship, duties during a traineeship, traineeship working conditions etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
kija

facing issues in traineeship

Post by kija » Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:20 pm

Hi everyone,
I started my traineeship one month ago and everything went good for one month then i had to change room, moving from baby's room to toddler's room which was hard for me especially when i have no educational qualification and i have not started studying yet. On my very first day in toddler's room i got negative review but i took it positively and tried all my best to work on it from the same day.But one of the educators got frustrated and took it out on me by talking very
angrily twice alone and once in front of other educator even when i wasn't at fault.when i confronted her behavior she said this is the way she talks to everybody
and if i have any problem i can stop talking to her and for the third time(when another educator was present) she apologized to me, which i think she only did because there was another educator present who said that i was not at fault. also, she is working there from long time and all the staff is her friend and people were making faces at me and talking behind my back. This whole thing is draining me emotionally and i am getting depressed that all my hard work of one month and my good impression went through drain..Please help me out how should i have dealt with this situation and can this affect my job?

Lorina

Re: facing issues in traineeship

Post by Lorina » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:13 am

Honestly starting a job it's hard for the few couple of months. You're new, staff are "checking you out", children are "pushing your boundaries", you feel like you're being tested. Some educators think because they have been in the industry longer and have more experience that they can treat others (new comers) like crap, like they're on a power trip!

It's great to hear that you confronted this educator about her behaviour. Her excuse of speaking to everyone like that is unethical and it shouldn't happen. We all make mistakes and any issues should be discussed privately, not in front of others.

Can you talk to the director about your concerns?

:geek:,
Lorina

linsaa fdc
Coach
Coach

Re: facing issues in traineeship

Post by linsaa fdc » Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:03 pm

Hi kija,

Good on you for standing up for yourself and not letting her walk all over you. If she talks to everyone like that I find it hard to believe that everyone there is her friend.
Keep doing the best you can and ask for help if you are unsure.

Linsaa fdc :wave: