Getting families involved

Questions related to program, planning, assessing, managing documentation, implementing EYLF, MTOP, NQS and other approved frameworks.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
emmajg82

Getting families involved

Post by emmajg82 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:28 pm

Hi,
I am having a bit of trouble with getting families involved in the program and planning in my room (3-4yo). I have an interest sheet where parents can write their child’s current interests which they don’t use. I have a teddy that gets sent home for the week for parents to take photos and write a story on their time together which only a couple of parents have done.
I would like some other ideas on how to get parents involved in the program?
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks.

Lorina

Re: Getting families involved

Post by Lorina » Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:54 am

Getting parent input in the program can be a hard task. They are either running too late or quickly running in and out while picking up their child so getting them to actually contribute at times can be a little frustrating. Parent input has to be quick and easy and possibly at a time that suits the parent. Are you able to email? Send a quick email to parents, so they can view and answer at a time that suits them. Make up a parent bulletin board which you can put in an easily accessible area that Parents will see such as near the sign in and sign out area. Use post-it notes, paper etc. to add one question that parents can quickly answer. When talking to parents about their child's day, any info that Parent tells you that can be used as input add it to the program yourself and add the parent name next to it. The parent necessarily doesn't have to write the input themselves. You can add it onto the program if they tell you...

Once one parent does it hopefully the others follow as well...

Hope this gives you some ideas!

:geek:,
Lorina

mikeepauline

Post by mikeepauline » Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:03 pm

Hi Lorina,

I would like to ask help for my Assessment 2 Cert III I am taking at Open College I'm really having hard time thank you

Mikee
msampolin@gmail.com

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:49 am

mikeepauline wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:03 pm
Hi Lorina,

I would like to ask help for my Assessment 2 Cert III I am taking at Open College I'm really having hard time thank you

Mikee
msampolin@gmail.com

You can use the search option, to try and find previous information on your topics.

:geek:,
Lorina