Diploma refresher?

Questions related to program, planning, assessing, managing documentation, implementing EYLF, MTOP, NQS and other approved frameworks.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
fallinginexile

Diploma refresher?

Post by fallinginexile » Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:30 pm

Hi all! New user here :wave:

Just wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions on where/how I might be able to refresh my diploma theory? I'm slipping a bit in terms of engaging children with different activities (I honestly think I'm going through a bit of a slump and questioning the industry as a whole but I don't want that to interfere with my work) and I did my diploma back in 2013/14 so the theory isn't that fresh. Any ideas? Or any tips or resources (books, etc) on different activities to engage children with (specifically toddlers - from about 18-24 mths).

Thanks guys!

Lorina

Re: Diploma refresher?

Post by Lorina » Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:14 am

I don't think you need a refresher course... I just think you need inspiration!

Have a think about what the children have shown interest in and go from there... use different sources to gather ideas for activities eg Pinterest one and you can also find activities and games on here itself...

Activities

Also have a think about what you want to include into the program or teach the children so to speak and come up with a plan that you can implement and get excited for.

For example you can teach the children about farm animals. Sing animal songs such as old McDonald had a farm using felt or puppets, for art you could do animal activities, add animal figurines in block play or create a farm in home corner for the children to interact with. There is a mountain of possibilities.

Find a topic/ theme that interests you that you could implement with the children as well.

Also at that age group they like lots of music and movement, group games etc.

Hopefully you will feel inspired!

Let me know if I can help further!

:geek:,
Lorina