Interviews In Child Care - Being Told About Gossip and Negativity

Feeling nervous about an interview? Wondering what questions you will get asked, writing a resume, what to wear? Share your thoughts or get advice before your interview.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Angela Spain

Interviews In Child Care - Being Told About Gossip and Negativity

Post by Angela Spain » Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:33 pm

Hi all,
I've recently been to child care interviews around my area in Sydney. Every job interview that I have been to so far the manager who interviews always tells me how child care can be a place of bitchiness, gossip and negativity. I don't know if it's done in all job sectors but is it really necessary to address something like this with the interviewer just giving their blunt opinion about it straight out? The people who interviewed me did not seem to address it professionally as 'how would I deal with conflict in the workplace?' It's more like how they say it is like a warning and its like something is expected.

I've worked in a few centres and sometimes there is abit of drama with staff but i would have assumed managers addressed things like that more professionally. Like especially to people who start out in the industry you wouldn't want to scare them off or make them feel uncomfortable.

Does that mean I'm choosing bad centres or is this normal?

Thanks!

Lorina

Re: Interviews In Child Care - Being Told About Gossip and Negativity

Post by Lorina » Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:56 am

What is going on seriously? You would think Directors would make the interview a positive experience, trying to gain the right employee but from what you're saying they are being really upfront aren't they! If the Directors know that there is gossip and bitchiness happening at the centre why aren't they trying to make it right rather then being so blunt about it and telling you as a future employee?

:geek:,
Lorina

Lorina

Re: Interviews In Child Care - Being Told About Gossip and Negativity

Post by Lorina » Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:57 am

Just wanted to add, this isn't normal and maybe you should stay clear of these centres... you don't want to be involved in a centre like that...

:geek:,
Lorina