Finally I got courage to quit

Share your work experiences, have a rant, discuss concerns, get advice for work problems, discuss work issues, etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Silvana Zhao

Finally I got courage to quit

Post by Silvana Zhao » Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:17 pm

On the last day of work, I began to feel sick in the middle of the day with tiredness, watery eyes, coldness and flushed cheek.

What I got was ‘You are not allowed to go’

I still have more than 70hours unused personal leave when I finished my work here and if I would like to use it I would do it earlier.

And then I was forced to continue to work with children. I tried my best to smile with them, interact with them, pack up the room and lift stuff. It was really sad but not surprised. The same thing happened again and again in the past one year and eleven months. I’m glad that I finally got courage to escape here, and I feel sorry for myself by working here for that long time because I was lack of courage to change.

I’m not strong and firm enough for this industry. I was not treated with dignity and it was my fault that I gradually lost my pride and all power of the will. I was feeling that I get used to be blamed on everything and I could not do anything right here.

I love children; I appreciate all I learned from class and kids; I love the expectation of Australian early childhood education, but my personality is not strong enough to protect me to live.

Lorina

Re: Finally I got courage to quit

Post by Lorina » Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:06 pm

I'm really sorry to hear that you weren't able to experience the joy and the pleasure of working at a high quality service that supports you.

You've put up with a lot of bull **** for almost 2 years and you've stood your ground as best you could.

The service wasn't right for you and I just hope that you give it another chance.

Find a service that supports you and you can really develop your skills further.

I just think you shouldn't give up this industry so soon...

:geek:,
Lorina

Kidzchildcare
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Re: Finally I got courage to quit

Post by Kidzchildcare » Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:11 pm

Hi,

Good on you. You only get strong enough for this industry by speaking up even when you feel nervous and scared. 22 years ago I hated speaking up but the more you do it the better you are at it. Although it sounds like no matter what was said that would not be a nice centre.