Children don't listen

Share your work experiences, have a rant, discuss concerns, get advice for work problems, discuss work issues, etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
trish73
Participator
Participator

Children don't listen

Post by trish73 » Fri Dec 24, 2021 8:02 am

Hi I am currently working as a casual educator and I am going to study a post graduate degree to become a preschool teacher. My concern is when I asked children to stop doing something, for example running around inside, they don't listen. I have a soft voice and when I try to sound firm it for suit me. Any suggestions of how to gain children respect?

Pavani

Re: Children don't listen

Post by Pavani » Thu Apr 07, 2022 3:28 pm

Hi,

As a preschool teacher, you have a lot of patience and your soft voice is very useful in dealing with children. First of all gain the attention of children, attract them with your teaching skills. Children are very soft-minded, teach them different interesting activities.

Then they will pay attention to you, once children got attracted to you and your soft voice they will listen to you and give respect to you everywhere.
So, you can rock as a preschool teacher, we wish you all the best.

Hope this is helpful to you.

Thank You.

Nandy84
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Children don't listen

Post by Nandy84 » Wed May 11, 2022 8:50 pm

Sometimes, children become very naughty and do not listen to us. It happens. Please do not overstressed.

Set clear rules and limits and make sure your child understands those rules.
Sometime, a “refusal” is a consequence of not understanding. Though it may not be in your case.

Convey the rules firmly.

Use consistent, logical consequences.

Listen to your child's feelings and ask them kindly rather than in anger what's going on.

Spend more time teaching love than teaching rules

Be a leader.

Stay with integrity

Treat like a family

Reward good behaviour

Give plenty of choices

Give transition time when changing activities.

These will help them to show respect to you and gradually they will start to listen to you.

Thanks
Nandita