Career Path

FAQs on qualifications, starting a childcare business, starting a new job, contracts etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Foxcie55

Career Path

Post by Foxcie55 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:18 pm

Hi, would like to know if doing the Advanced Diploma is needed as I don't want to run a Child care Centre, however I would like to specialize in a certain area eg: abused children, children with learning disabilities. Does anyone know of what career path or what courses I need to complete to be able to gain this extra knowledge.

I have already completed Cert 3 and Diploma in Children Services (Childcare) and have just completed 2 modules of Advanced Diploma, thanks

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Re: Career Path

Post by fchaudari76 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:14 pm

I am trying to find what course you would need but an Advanced Diploma of CS would not be it. That will just give you more admin/management type skills for running a childcare centre
You need to do some special needs courses I would look up some Educational Support Courses

Foxcie55

Post by Foxcie55 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:34 pm

thank you, I appreciate your assistance. If its any help I live in SA within the Northern area.

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Post by fchaudari76 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:36 pm

Just do a search...I am sure you will find some educational support courses in your state/area.

Foxcie55

Post by Foxcie55 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:42 pm

ok thanks