Assistant Director OSHC

FAQs on qualifications, starting a childcare business, starting a new job, contracts etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
JenniM

Assistant Director OSHC

Post by JenniM » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:55 am

Hi,
Can you please tell me the hourly rate for an assistant director of OSHC? Is there a specific job description documented anywhere? I have an assistant who was recently given the title of assistant director, but her hourly rate has stayed the same as an admin assistant. She does far more than basic admin. The job requires her to deal with staff, program planning for VAC, handling inclusion support for centres, rostering, menus, assisting with policy development, centre and staff assessments... She has a diploma in early childhood education and care has previously worked as a supervisor in one of our centres for several years. i can't find a really relevant job description or wage.

Lorina

Re: Assistant Director OSHC

Post by Lorina » Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:36 am

Yes, I have something that may help:

Level 5 - This is an employee who has completed an AQF Level V Diploma in Children's Services or equivalent and is appointed as:

Assistant Director of a service
A Children's Services coordinator
A Family Day Care coordinator
A Family Day Care Trainee Supervisor or
School Age Care coordinator

An Assistant Director will also take on the same duties and perform the same tasks as a CSE Level 4.

Indicative duties:

Co - ordinate and direct the activities of employees engaged in the implementation and evaluation of developmentally appropriate programs.

Contribute, through the Director, to the development of the centre or service's policies.

Co - ordinate centre or service operations including Occupational Health and Safety, program planning, staff training.

Responsible for the day - to - day management of the centre or service in the temporary absence of the Director and for management and compliance with licensing and all statutory and quality assurance issues.

Generally supervise all employees within the service.

Ref: Levels For Childcare Wages

Lorina

Re: Assistant Director OSHC

Post by Lorina » Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:40 am

In regards to the wages, this may help:

Childcare Wages In Australia

:geek:,
Lorina