Ask for some advice/mentoring

FAQs on qualifications, starting a childcare business, starting a new job, contracts etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Baginert96

Ask for some advice/mentoring

Post by Baginert96 » Thu Jan 04, 2024 3:57 pm

Good Morning all,

Apologies for asking for advice on my very first post without contributing to the community....

My Fiancé is a paediatric dietician working in a public hospital. She works with new born babies who are not feeding well, failure to thrive, toddlers, juvenile diabetes etc. She has a real passion for children.
I come from a finance background, together we are looking to purchase a Childcare Centre at some point in the next 2 years.

I have done some initial reading of the extensive requirements in owning a Centre so I can appreciate there is no short answer to my questions.

I am wishing to be put in contact with someone who owns multiple centres to ask for some advice/mentoring.
I would be so appreciative if any members could PM/Inbox me the details of an owner of multiple centres (any state) that would be willing to have a chat/email me.

Many thanks in advance
David

Baginert96

Re: Ask for some advice/mentoring

Post by Baginert96 » Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:33 pm

Any idea? uno online

Shefs

Post by Shefs » Fri Jan 26, 2024 1:21 pm

Hi All,

If someone can advise about materials for provider approval assessment.
Can this test be conducted online from home.

Thanks

Bensos
Participator
Participator

Post by Bensos » Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:11 pm

Off the top of my head I cant think of a group or leader in my own network who would be of benefit.

You could approach a larger brand like G8, BusyBees or Greenleaves about taking on a centre but i dont think thats the help youre looking for.

If neither of you has worked in long daycare before I would suggest doing that - can you volunteer somewhere? Hav an understanding of what the "on the floor" reality is because without that exposure no amount of childrens nutrition learning or business understanding will tell you what its like to work with kids in this way.

You could join the Early Childhood Australia Leadership Program - they have a lot of mentoring groups and some of the forum content and conference resources will be useful. There are some resources around business organisation etc, and you can contact ACECQA for what their registration requirements are. Look at remote areas, there are big waitlists and subsidies to help businesses - the corporate chains have a lot of money to invest in centres in affluent areas.

It really depends on what you want the mentoring for. Are you interested in just the business aspect and how to turn a profit in LD, do you want to know about pedagogy etc or are you more interested in governance etc? All big issues in themselves.