Applying for a job in a church preschool

FAQs on qualifications, starting a childcare business, starting a new job, contracts etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Tanni

Applying for a job in a church preschool

Post by Tanni » Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:01 pm

Hi. I applied for a cert 3 job in a preschool and it is run by a church committee. The ad stated an applicant must follow the teachings of Our Lord Jesus Christ. Does anyone work in a centre like this and if so, how religious is it and do I need to be a religious person myself? I'd like to be prepared when I go interview. Thanks

Lorina

Re: Applying for a job in a church preschool

Post by Lorina » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:07 am

I think you may need to be familiar with the Bible. I'm not too sure if you have to be very religious yourself but you may need knowledge of popular prayers and hymns of Jesus Christ. For annual events you may need to act out a popular biblical theme such as "Three Wise Men" and you may need to participate in church services. I'm only guessing here but they specifically said you must following the teaching of Jesus Christ so I'm assuming these may be the types of activities that may be required...

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
L.A

Tanni

Post by Tanni » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:09 am

Thanks. That gelps. I'm also wondering how Christian religion fits in with eylf and today's multicultural society?

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:25 pm

That's something that you can ask them... EYLF supports the framework for teaching and learning and I think being Christian for this particular role is based on their community and beliefs. It's two separate things. Like there are so many catholic, orthodox etc. private schools around and it doesn't effect the curriculum it's just the communities within the school and environment...

:geek:,
L.A