DRAMATIC PLAY KIT

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
c_brown89

DRAMATIC PLAY KIT

Post by c_brown89 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:32 pm

hi all im just wondering does any1 have any ideas on a dramatic play kit. i have to do one for my cert 3 workplacement and dont have alot of money to spend so if any1 has any cheap ideas it would much be appreciated.
tia

LindyT
Coach
Coach

Re: DRAMATIC PLAY KIT

Post by LindyT » Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:16 am

http://www.ehow.com/how_5631017_develop ... y-kit.html

In my experience lengths of fabric open up so much more dramatic play. The lengths can be anything from a river to a princess cape to a plank on a pirate ship. These can be sources from a charity shop for next to nothing. Paper plates, cardboard cylinders, boxes etc can extend play.

Hope this helps

cathiek
Coach
Coach

Post by cathiek » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:19 pm

HI c-brown89
I have found that anything to do with hospitals or vets works well. See what you have around the place (band-aids are always a fav!!) They can use the dolls or stuffed toys they already have to be patients. You can easily make nurses hats/doctors hats out of cardboard and just popping some sheets over tables turns them into hospital beds. I have asked friends for old band aid boxes etc as props and you can make a stehtoscope out of string, straws and a patty case :)
Have fun
Cathie

c_brown89

Post by c_brown89 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:34 pm

they sound like really good ideas.i brought a cheap set of plastic pots,pans,spoons,plates,plates etc. i was thinking of either a home setting or resturant setting what do u guys think

cathiek
Coach
Coach

Post by cathiek » Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:22 pm

Kids always love home corners. If you can add a tea set, they seem to love making cups of tea for everyone. Also it is easy to use a manilla folder to make a menu (use lots of colourful pics) so they kids can 'order' their food like they are at a cafe or restuarant.