CHCRF301D and CHCCS310A

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
jenni

CHCRF301D and CHCCS310A

Post by jenni » Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:40 pm

Hi everyone,

I have recently signed up to this forum. I have worked with children for around 10 years now and am currently doing my cert 3 through a RPL programme at Tafe. I have found this forum really helpful so far just by browsing. Im in need of a little advice if anyone could help out.

I have just finished an assignment where i planned and implemented an incursion.
The next assignment i am unsure of
Here it is

Legislation,, regulations and QIAS require you work with a diverse range of families to ensure that all children regardlessof ability, race, religion or ethnicity have equal access to all of the experiences and activities offered to children in the service.

Using your services policies and procedures and the quality standards for your service i provide Documented evidence on how you provided for,
-The diversity range of children from various families and types of cultres that attend your service
-Managing Discrimination should it occur in your service
-the practice of inclusivity and ensuring that every child has an oppurtunity to reach their potential
-Helping and supporting all children to be cultrally aware and appreciate diversity and difference
-Cross-cultral communication and the valuing of a childs first language
-Dealing with direct and indirect discrimination.

Provide any documents that may show how all children had equal access and where included in the experiences you planned, implemented and evaluated for practical task 2 (my incursion assignment)

Im just a little confused and my RPL assesor is on holidays ans im on schools holidays (my place of employment runs school terms) so i am trying to get as much done as possible.

Any help on what you think i need to do would be greatly appreciated.

Lorina

Re: CHCRF301D and CHCCS310A

Post by Lorina » Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:57 pm

Hey Jenni,

I'm pretty sure for the second question you need access to a centre's policies and procedures. All the issue's should be covered in this documentation which you then can use as part of your "documented evidence". Also, have a look around at your centre and you should be able to get an idea... such as does your centre offer brochures or important information in different languages, if there are children where english isn't their first language are there labels around the room in that child's first language, does the centre celebrate cultural celebrations etc... This can all be used as part of the evidence you provide... I'm also attaching a document below in regards to the NQS and how a centre will be assessed... This basically will tell you what the assessors are looking for during the accreditation process, which will help you gather evidence for this question.

[attachment=0]GuideNationalQualityStandard.rtf[/attachment]
Provide any documents that may show how all children had equal access and where included in the experiences you planned, implemented and evaluated for practical task 2 (my incursion assignment)

Maybe through the use of photos showing the children participating, comments of what the children, describing how the children interacted during the experience, describing what you did to include all children etc... (I think taking photos and explaining what is happening with each of the photos is the easiest way)...

Hope This Helps!

Cheers :geek:,
L.A
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jenni

Re: CHCRF301D and CHCCS310A

Post by jenni » Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:31 pm

Hi LA,

Thank you so much, that has helped alot!

Jenni