CHCFC301A Supporting the development of children

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Rupalakshmi

CHCFC301A Supporting the development of children

Post by Rupalakshmi » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:35 pm

Hi i answered some questions. pls anyone give your suggestion and also i didn't understant two questions. Pls anyone explain this questions.

Q: Choose one experience that assists children to develop social skills. Which experience have you chosen?
Painting

Q: What social skills do you think the children are developing during this experience?
-ability to share their equipment
-to clean up their mess. they get the experience of playing with shapes, figuring out how shapes look combined
-learn about colours
-have eye-contact with other children

Q: How will you model appropriate communication during this experience? Explain by considering:
a) What discussion or direction you will include?
b) What body language and physical actions you will demonstrate?

Anyone pls explain this question?

Thank you.

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Re: CHCFC301A Supporting the development of children

Post by fchaudari76 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:55 pm

Personally I would not use painting as a method to develop social skills. I use games where the children have to interact with each other and work together to develop them socially or something like dramatic play which involves a few children playing together, talking, etc

the second question basically means when you choose your activity then what will you be saying to the children during that and what actions would you show in the way of body language

so if i was using ball games eg 4 children sitting on the ground and calling out names and rolling the ball to that person I would sit with them and when one of them has a ball I would say "which one of your friends are you rolling the ball to?" "X hasnt had a go yet maybe we can roll the ball to them" .... I would smile talk and engage all of the children equally

Rupalakshmi

Re: CHCFC301A Supporting the development of children

Post by Rupalakshmi » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:55 am

Hi
Thank you very much for your help. Now i got a idea. I will make the answer better.
Thank you.