CHCECE002 - Supervising visitors

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
MJ1991
Participator
Participator

CHCECE002 - Supervising visitors

Post by MJ1991 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:43 pm

Hi all,

Stuck on yet another question :oops: :wtf:
Currently working on "Ensure the Health and Safety of Children" unit.
Any help on this would be greatly appreciated, I just kind of keep going blank :wtf: :?

Question: Why do you think it is important to supervise any person who enters the service premises while children are present?

My answer so far:
Early childhood services can receive a range of visitors each day (maintenance people, delivery people, contractors, families wanting to enrol, external agencies such as FACS workers, etc.). The majority of these visitors may or may not be regular visitors of the service. Working with children’s check/police clearance are ideal documents to have in place for regular visitors. In the instance, where a person has not completed a working with children’s check/police clearance, they are required to be supervised throughout their visit.
Children's safety is paramount, it is our responsibility as educators to ensure that they are safe whilst in our care, in order to do so while visitors are on the premises it is important that the visitor is supervised at all times for various reasons i.e.
• a contractor/maintenance person could be using dangerous tools, educators should supervise the visitor and children to make sure the children do not go near the tools

(I feel that the bullet point above is more relating to supervising children rather than supervising a visitor, so don't really think its a great point)

I know and I can understand that supervising visitors to the centre is important, but when it comes to giving my reasons, I just keep pulling blanks :?

Thank you for taking the time to read this post and any help given.

Kind regards,
Melanie

Lorina

Re: CHCECE002 - Supervising visitors

Post by Lorina » Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:02 am

Hi Melanie,

See if the following helps:

[attachment=0]Visitors_to_the_Education_and_Care_Service_Policy_A2961613 (1).pdf[/attachment]
:geek:,
Lorina
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

MJ1991
Participator
Participator

Post by MJ1991 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:50 am

Hi Lorina,

Thank you that document helped a lot I have posted my finished answer for that question below.

Question: Why do you think it is important to supervise any person who enters the service premises while children are present?

Answer:
I think it is important to supervise any person who enters the service premises while children are present because children's safety is paramount and it is our responsibility as educators to ensure that each child is safe and protected whilst in our care, this is stated in the National Quality Framework.
Quality area 2 – Children’s Health and Safety
Standard 2.3: Each child is protected
• Element 2.3.1: Children are adequately supervised at all times
• Element 2.3.2: Every reasonable precaution is taken to protect children from harm and any hazard likely to cause injury
Early childhood services can receive a range of visitors each day (maintenance people, delivery people, contractors, families wanting to enrol, external agencies such as FACS workers, etc.).
There are many reasons visitors to the service should be supervised one example is;
• A maintenance worker may have to do a job that requires them to have tools that may be dangerous to children, in this case we would supervise the worker to make sure they are not creating avoidable hazards and supervise the children to make sure they are not going near the dangerous area or tools.

Thank you for your help,
Melanie

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:22 am

Hi Melanie,

Great! :thumbup:

:geek:,
Lorina