CHCCS4OOB - Diversity, Anti Bullying, Discrimination

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Sapphireimpression

CHCCS4OOB - Diversity, Anti Bullying, Discrimination

Post by Sapphireimpression » Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:24 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: CHCCS4OOB – Work within a relevant legal and ethical framework.
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? No
Your knowledge: Basic Knowledge

Your Question?
These are the current questions that I am having trouble with;

What would you do if you were asked to support a new family and child who are from a culture not currently represented at the service?

How would you explain to a parent the services ‘anti bullying’ policy and how you ensure it is followed?

What would you do if a fellow staff member made inappropriate comments about a child and their family?

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
I dont currently have an answer for this question yet as ive been looking through my old study books within the module and can't find anything in there about the subject.

Description and Message:
I dont have a very stable internet connection so I am having trouble getting the answers, Ive had my childcare qualification since 2009 I was wondering if these questions are just general knowledge or is it something I have to research more on, if someone could give me some answers that would be appreciated also.

Thanks
Last edited by Lorina on Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Kaz
Contributor
Contributor

Re: needing advise or help.

Post by Kaz » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:16 am

ques 1. I'd research as much as I cld on this family, ask the family about there culture and see where you can add these into your centre.

ques 2. you might need to read a policy and work from there i'd say.

ques 3. I'd have to say I'd either walk away from that care giver or tell them what I thought of them. I guess right answer tho is to ask them to stop as this is inappropriate to be speaking about them in this way.

Sapphireimpression

Re: needing advise or help.

Post by Sapphireimpression » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:40 am

Thank you Florry79,

very much appreciated for your advise thank you :D