chcchild401a - Identify & Respond to young children

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
anhiyas

chcchild401a - Identify & Respond to young children

Post by anhiyas » Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:14 am

pls help me if im on the right track. thank you and god bless
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sandi28
Participator
Participator

Re: chcchild401a - Identify & Respond to young children

Post by sandi28 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:28 pm

Hi Anhiyas, As an ASSISTANT in a child care facility you would not fill out or submit a MRG form. You would document concerns and observations and report them to your supervisor/team leader or director and they would decide weather to report it. I am answering this question in this way because you posted in the Cert III in Childcare section so ignore it if you are studying for a higher position.
Sandi :|

anhiyas

Post by anhiyas » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:53 am

hello sandi28,thank you very much for you quick response, im so very glad to heard you,how about my answer of the second and third question. i need you assist if im on the right track. . thank you and have a nice day.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:27 am

Hey An,

I think your responses answer the question directly... I think you've identified what you would do in this situation. :thumbup:

Cheers :geek:,
L.A
Last edited by Lorina on Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic merge

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:49 am

Hey An,

I have just noticed that you have been posting up multiple topics for the same assignment question. Please only create one topic for each assignment question. I have deleted the duplicate topics you have made. Also, I would suggest you read the forum rules (at the top of this page) to gain a better understanding...Let me know if you need any further help.

Hey Sandi,

I'm pretty sure that even if you are only a childcare assistant that you are still able to fill out a MRG form, if you have witnessed and suspected some sort of child abuse... I'm not too sure but I thought that mandatory reporting was for anyone who worked with children regardless of their qualification...

I could be wrong?? As I said I'm not 100% sure...

Cheers :geek:,
L.A

anhiyas

Post by anhiyas » Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:33 pm

hey an,
can u help with this question pls.

Describe your role in relation to the child after the report has been made?
ans. Continue to offer the services of their own organization where appropriate .
ans. Refer to local services and work collaboratively with other organizations to help keep children safe.

Harmony
Participator
Participator

Post by Harmony » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:45 pm

Hi, I'm just curious as to if I am answering correctly.
In the case of observing a child with bruises and large welts on the backs of his legs, and his mother telling you she lost control with him, hit him hard and dragged him screaming into the bathroom where she locked him for 30 mins until she calmed down, would I be answering correctly in saying that I would speak to the Director about my concerns and make an immediate report because I believe this child is at significant risk of harm due to indicators in this situation? Would I also document this information to keep within the centre, is there a specific form I should fill out or is it okay to write the details down on ordinary paper and date it?

Thanks

ja9uar

Post by ja9uar » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:55 pm

i just finish the new training of the new system on this matter and on that scenario

as a chilcare assistant you are one of the mandatory reporter of child abuse and you have responsibility to report such case like that

and make sure you document it write it down and you can inform your director but you are the main mandatory reporter for you are the

one who notice and find it out.

but before you can do a report you can go to the NSW Mandatory Report Guide this will help you if you have a reasonable ground to

report the incident then follow the procedure

make sure if you document it you keep it in a safe place where you can keep it confidentially for this matter is confident keep it in your

office where there is lock and only authorised people can access through it.

HOPE THIS HELP

cheers