CHCCHILD301A - Behaviour Support Plan

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
kmclintock

CHCCHILD301A - Behaviour Support Plan

Post by kmclintock » Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:49 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: Assessment Item 4
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? Yes
Your knowledge: Basic Knowledge

Your Question?
develop a personalised behaviour support plan for a child in your care.

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
I have tried searching the internet to find a template for a behaviour support plan, but a lot are for secondary school children.

Description and Message:
Hi, I am new here, so please bear with my with my question...
I have been searching other threads and the internet, even my workplace but can't seem to find anything that is simple enough to understand.
I am currently in Assessment 4 of this module and I have answered most of the questions, I just have to develop a personalised behaviour support plan for a child in your care. It doesn't specify anything about the child. Its not that part I am finding frustrating... I was wondering if anyone out there knows of where they could find a copy of a basic personalised behaviour support plan that I could use as a basis to create one for the child I am going to use. I searched online, but a lot of them are for secondary school students, so the questions they use are not really appropriate for a child care setting. My workplace doesn't really have a base template of one either. If anyone can point me in the direction of where I could find a template of what questions we are to answer regarding behaviours of concern it would help me greatly. Thanks
Last edited by Lorina on Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: CHCCHILD301A - Support behaviour of children and young people

Post by Lorina » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:20 am

When it comes to behaviour support plans there are many templates to choose from. There isn't one specific to use. As long as the plan identifies the child's problem, strategies to use and strategies to prevent then I think that's all you need. I'm adding an example below:

Behaviour Support Plan

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
L.A