Three year degree

General discussions on topics related to Bachelor of Early Childhood studies.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Bachelor Degree in Early Childhood. Please refer to Bachelor Degree Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
Misse84
Helper
Helper

Three year degree

Post by Misse84 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:55 pm

I was talking to a ECT today who just finished her degree . She said that the Government changed it back to three years now instead of four to complete the degree .

Has anyone else heard of this ?

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Re: Thee year degree

Post by fchaudari76 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:08 pm

As far as I am aware a 3 year degree is Bachelor of Early Childhood and you can teach birth - 5 yrs
a 4 year degree is a Bachelor of Education (majoring in whatever you choose, Early childhood, primary, secondary etc) in the case of the Early Childhood major you can teach birth - 8yrs

I am not aware of any 4 yr degree being changed to a 3 yr one! ... would be nice if it were true as would mean I could do mine in 2 as I got over 1 year off because of my Diploma... but I doubt what she has told you is true. Perhaps she did the Bach of Early Childhood rather than the Bach of Education with a major

Misse84
Helper
Helper

Re: Three year degree

Post by Misse84 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:24 pm

That is three , not thee sorry haha .

Yeah I was confused when I looked up Uni websites tonight . I got a bit too excited :( I want to do the ECT on anyway . I agree , I am doing my diploma this year and doing two years of Uni would be a dream :)

Thanks for answering my question x

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Re: Thee year degree

Post by fchaudari76 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:26 pm

No probs