Credit for previous studies

General discussions on topics related to Bachelor of Early Childhood studies.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Bachelor Degree in Early Childhood. Please refer to Bachelor Degree Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
Bensos
Participator
Participator

Credit for previous studies

Post by Bensos » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:44 am

HI everyone, am hoping someone can help clear this up for me.

I spoke to Swinburne Online about Diploma credit being used towards a Batchelors. The person I spoke to said a full Early Childhood Diploma counts as 8 credits towards the Batchelors. There are 32 units - does that mean you only need to do 24 more units? If not what is the difference between a credit and a unit?

Lorina

Re: Credit for previous studies

Post by Lorina » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:21 pm

Course credit is usually given as an exemption... so since the Diploma is worth 8 credits this typically means that yes you only have to do 24 units...
If you have previous studies or professional experience that is relevant to your current academic program, you can request to receive course credit or an exemption based on your prior learning.

Course credit (also known as status) can be granted as either specified (where the prior learning is considered equivalent to a specific ANU course) or unspecified (where the prior learning is not considered equivalent to a specific ANU course). Unspecified credit may be approved to count towards a major or minor, or towards the elective component of a program.

Credit will be given a unit value (usually six units per course) and the units you receive as credit count towards the unit requirements for your program.

Ref: Course Credit

:geek:,
Lorina