BEd (Primary) and Diploma Qualification?

General discussions on topics related to Bachelor of Early Childhood studies.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Bachelor Degree in Early Childhood. Please refer to Bachelor Degree Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
Miranda C

BEd (Primary) and Diploma Qualification?

Post by Miranda C » Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:44 pm

Hi guys,
I have almost completed my Diploma and am wanting to go back to uni to complete the Bachelor of Education (Primary) that I deferred from a few years ago. I am working part time as an assistant in a long day care centre at the moment and am really enjoying the role. My question is, am I able to work as an ECT if I hold a diploma and a BEd (Primary)? I've read somewhere that this combination counts, but figured that someone on here may know for sure? Thanks for any replies :-)

Lorina

Re: BEd (Primary) and Diploma Qualification?

Post by Lorina » Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:28 pm

As far as I'm aware you will need to have an approved early childhood teaching qualification (Bachelor Of Education - Early Childhood Education) in order to qualify for an ECT position. With the Bachelor Of Education - Early Childhood Education you can do it for up to 8 year olds so this means that you can work as an ECT and work in schools up to Year 2...

:geek:,
Lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:29 pm

This will provide you with more information:

Early Childhood Teaching Qualification

Lorina

Miranda C

Post by Miranda C » Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:41 pm

Thanks Lorina,
I had a look at the link and it turns out that you can be classified as an ECT if you hold an approved Diploma, A Bachelor of Ed (Primary) and a current teacher's registration. Wahoo! :-)

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:44 pm

That's right, I completely missed the part where you are almost Diploma qualified! Sorry bout that!! That's great news! Seems like you can choose the best of both worlds for your future career (LDC or a school teacher)! :thumbup:

Lorina